FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events "It's All About the Tiki"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
"It's All About the Tiki"
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 01:26 am   Permalink

Modmana ~ thanks for the pics! Great to see what Smogbreather looks like and everyone else. Doesn't Shag look just maybe...slightly...a tiny bit like Clay Aiken in that shot?

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat on 2003-11-26 01:56 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kittydoo

Posted: 2003-11-26 02:15 am   Permalink

Good Call, Exoticat! Shag totally looks like Clay Aiken, only taller, and shaggier.

Kdoo

View Profile of Kittydoo Send a personal message to Kittydoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smokin devil
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-26 04:55 am   Permalink

Thank you very much for your photos, MudMana.

View Profile of smokin devil Send a personal message to smokin devil  Email smokin devil Goto the website of smokin devil     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 08:57 am   Permalink

Is the bench Shag is sitting on the bench Bamboo Ben made?

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-11-26 08:57 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 10:11 am   Permalink

Why, yes indeed! (check out collecting tiki re; Bamboo Ben on e-bay)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fishhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-26 10:36 am   Permalink

i wish i could have gone but i needed to fish,ohh the choices i've made!

View Profile of fishhead Send a personal message to fishhead  Email fishhead Goto the website of fishhead     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-26 2:09 pm   Permalink

Well, the event (what we saw of it) was great, but I had a awful night out!

First we couldn't find parking, so we figured we'd park near Tiki-ti, down a couple, then hike. We waited outside Tiki-ti for 20 min. then went next door for drinks. Got there late for the event, managed to get a cocktail (they were almost out of everything!)
I really wanted to compliment Pizz on his catwoman (I have a catwoman tatoo and if I had seen his I would have gotten a variation of his design-but I love mine-more now)
Maybe I cought him off guard but I was unimpressed by his response. I know it's low brow art but "well people like girls and that panther so, I thought, whatever..." I just can't imagine someone like Ed Roth saying something so BLAH.

We were going to go to Tiki-ti after for some drinks but found ourselves in line again! There were 3 people ahead of us and when we arrived the guy poped his head out to say they were cleaning off a table for them now...20 min. later we all were still outside. Cold

WHO WERE YOU GUYS? You made me laugh and we think alike on certain subjects.

Cory wanted to take off to meet up with a friend. He took us to a crappy bar, the kind I hadn't been to since I had a fake ID. We're talking Brittany Spears on the videos and michanical bull rides! What? This guy is security for Korn too! The guy turns into an ass after 3 drinks so I left! A terrible night out!

I wish I held out at Tiki-ti and talked to the 3 people in front of us more...again, who are you? Maybe I could have met up with Floratina and Humuhumu too.
Oh, well... I got a night off work

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-27 03:13 am   Permalink

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Just arrived back from an excursion to the farm. (the Tiki farm not the Turkey farm). Before leaving today we received signed copies of "Tiki Road Trip". Thanks to James for signing these and to his agent Jeffrey for getting these to us prior to the upcoming event this Saturday. We were also fortunate enough to have Duke sign some copies of his book "TikiQuest" for our show too! Try to remeber these great signed books amongst all the cool TikiFarm Limited Edition wares.

www.mmoderngallery.com

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-27 1:01 pm   Permalink

It was confusing & frustrating at moments, but I had a fantastic time! Started off by poking my head into Tiki-Ti quickly, and got to see the Velours, plus Bax & Wes & their better halves. The Bax crew & I went down to La Luz, saw the line, went "ew!" and decided to eat dinner first.

We sat in the smallish bar at Acapulco to eat dinner, where there was no wait. Everything was swell, until we were about halfway through our food at 8:36, when a FULL SENSORY ASSAULT was launched -- the evening DJ started his set rather abrubtly and LOUDLY, complete with rather bright flashing disco lights. Mid-sentence in a conversation with Sarah, it suddenly was far too loud to communicate, and the flashing lights left me with an uneasy feeling not unlike being too close to a full squadron of angry emergency vehicles. Then -- the crowning touch -- a fog machine. This was no ordinary fog machine. It was belching out fog that was so dense that I could no longer see the dj, who was only about nine yards from our table. Talking was impossible, communication of any form was a struggle, and eating our food while choking on fog chemicals wasn't easy. All we could do was laugh, because it was so frickin' bizarre. It was so relaxing when we left the bar & could breathe again. It was really quite hilarious, but perhaps you had to be there.

Then we bit the bullet and got in line at La Luz, where we ended up with Floratina. Once we got inside, Tina & I made our way to the back entrance to the shindig, where Bamboo Ben, bless his tiki-lovin' soul, waved us in. I don't feel like I have any room to complain about the line situation -- it was a sales event, and by being there just to hang out & not buy stuff, I was really just wasting space. It was great seeing so many familiar faces, and meeting a few new ones.

After La Luz, Dave & Rebecca (of Purple Orchid fame) & a bunch of their friends invited me to join them at the Dresden Room, which was a hoot. Crowded & trendy, yes -- but if that wasn't what I wanted, I would have moved to Iowa City, thankyouverymuch. The decor in that place is fantastic, and Marty & Elayne were very friendly. They both wanted to touch my hair for some reason.

Overall, the evening was quite odd, just how I like 'em.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-29 03:17 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone,

I guess we spoke to soon when we said that we would have all of our allocated "It's All About the Tiki" merchandise available for our show tonight. These are intricate pieces and, although Tikifarm has worked at a tiring pace, the Tiki and Manufacturing Gods haven't always been smiling on us this week.

Here are some helpful tips to assist you in understanding how things will go at the gallery tomorrow evening (we promise only one line for everything:

35 of Shag's "Green Wahine" print available (this was a very generous allocation from Shagmart & Shag given this print is now Sold Out)!

10 of Shag's Charm Bracelets available tomorrow night (good luck!) and we have none on back order from Tikifarm - This was a limited run of only 100.

30 pieces of Shag Tiki Mug 3-Pack at the show - none on back order.

10 of the Shag Warrior Mugs available, however, we will take an additional 25 orders for these that will be shipped directly to the address of your chosing by TikiFarm.

35 of the "Martin" Tiki Mug by The Pizz avaiable that evening - none on back order with Tikifarm.

40 pieces of the "Lewis" Tiki Mug by the Pizz avaiable that evening - none on back order with Tikifarm.

35 of the 5-pc. Stacker Set by the Pizz available -none on back order with Tikifarm.

30 of the Hi-Ball set by the Pizz available -none on back order with Tikifarm.

12 of the Outrigger Sets by the Pizz available -none on back order with Tikifarm.

8 of the Cockeyed Tiki Mug by Von Franco available, however, we will take an additional 32 orders for these that will be shipped directly to the address of your chosing by TikiFarm.

30 of the Burnin Love Tiki Mug by Von Franco available, however, we will take an additional 10 orders for these that will be shipped directly to the address of your chosing by TikiFarm.

20 of the Triple Shot O' Love Shot Set by Von Franco-none on back order with Tikifarm.

12 of the Smokin Joe Barware Sets by Von Franco - none on back order with Tikifarm.

4 of the Artists Tiki Bowls by Von Franco, however, we will take an additional 31 orders for these that will be shipped directly to the address of your chosing by TikiFarm.

140 of the Frank en Tiki serigraph by Von Franco - a steel at only $ 75.00 each - exclusive to M Modern Gallery.

50 Pricilla Au Posters from The Pizz that he will happily sign and personalize for you that evening at only $ 30.00 each.

9 When the Weekend Comes We Rule as Gods Limited Edition Serigraph ON CANVAS by the Pizz. The one we have framed at the gallery looks AMAZING!

Approximately 175 signed original drawings from The Pizz (The Wall of Pizz) priced at only $ 75.00 to $ 300.00. It is doubtful that you will ever get an opportunity to purchase an original piece of artwork from The Pizz for this low price ever again (we scooped these from Pizz's personal stash!).

20 signed copies of TikiQuest.

20 signed copies of Tiki Road Trip.

1 SHAG original painting entitled "The Zombie" as featured in his book "The Bottomless Cocktail" at $ 12,500.00 (this is a consignment piece and was not actually painted for this show, however, we felt it appropriate due to its Tiki content.

There will be soft drinks and bottled waters for sale at $1.00 each and a special Pizz's Punch at $3.00 each. We decided that Wine and Beer really weren't the right beverages for a Tiki Bash.

NOTE: we will provide an insert that can be given in an envelope for Holiday gifts! That way there is something to place under the tree just in case...

Hope to see all of you there!

Regards, M Modern Tiki

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-29 3:23 pm   Permalink

I hope some TCer's are planning to come out tonight, I would love to meet up. I'm going...look for the chic in the very untiki pink hoodie sweater (I'm blaming a baby shower earlier today, but my tiki wardrobe is thin)

602-791-1024-my cell.

It's getting late, I better hit the road!

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-02 11:00 pm   Permalink

Here are a few pics of the Von Franco merchandise that was available at the show. I just got these developed. I may post a few more later.
Painting for the event

Smokin Joe set, Burning love tiki mug, and the 3 Artist bowl

Cockeyed tiki mug and Shot glasses

Cockeyed tiki painting

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt on 2003-12-02 23:06 ]

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smokin devil
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-03 06:14 am   Permalink

You've done your job very well. Nice Pics of Mugs and Arts.

Thank you for presenting your photos on this board,
Chris

View Profile of smokin devil Send a personal message to smokin devil  Email smokin devil Goto the website of smokin devil     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-03 10:55 pm   Permalink

Hi,
We'll have our online sale of The Pizz & Von Franco items this Saturday (12/06) at 12 noon pst. I'm going to announce the Shag date likely next week. Email me if you've got any questions. Nice meeting many of you at the shows. I was so damned sick with the flu at the M-Modern Show... "wrrrr wrrr wrrrrrr" was what my brain was hearing all night long... went into about a 2 day mini coma!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-05 1:55 pm   Permalink

Can anybody tell me if they have received their Shag mugs from the La Luz show yet??

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation