FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki Tattoos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Tattoos
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-24 1:00 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff there Sam. Would love to see your artwork when it's completed. How long do you expect that to take? I never had a desire to have tattoo sleeves (pants-legs?), I like the "one-pointers". They really seem to stand out more.

People's reactions to my new tat have been really interesting. I like when people who wouldn't otherwise notice me come right up and talk to me about it - and not just other tattooed people. Strangely enough I've had quite a few "older" ladies tell me they really dig it! Funny.

Tiki-bot

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-24 3:43 pm   Permalink

I'm not sure how long it will take. I get all muy work done for free so I'm kind of at Baba's disposal, whenever I have something regular anyone in the shop can do it but when I have something really cool I want to do Baba will want to do it himself so I have to wait until he has free time. It will take awhile but I still need more work on my arms to so you know whatevah, whatevah

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-12 1:02 pm   Permalink

Ok, so I'm a little late posting this. Some of your saw my tat at Hukilau 2002. I'm very proud of this piece. It's the only one I have just yet.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
http://www.tikikiliki.com

Country Fried Hot Rod

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-08-12 13:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-08-12 13:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-08-12 13:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-08-12 13:06 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bambooh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-12 5:24 pm   Permalink

If I can figure out how to post some pix on here I'll show yall my sleeve 13 tiki's to
be exact I must be really screwed up.....

how do I post pix on here????

Bambooh

View Profile of bambooh Send a personal message to bambooh  Email bambooh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 11:57 am   Permalink

I´ll get my leg tattooed with some tikistuff pretty soon...
It´s gonna be a tikibar, partypeople, hulagirls and so on.
is there anyone out there with some cool ink??

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 12:14 pm   Permalink

A popular subject for those who are horrified by the sight of blank skin and have lots of cash.Tiki Central is equipped with a fancy pants high falutin' built in SEARCH feature. To quote from the thread below (Which I found with my own bare, unadorned hands and the SEARCH):

"...just use the "search" button on the top right side of this page and enter "tattoo" and watch the results fly. " -tikibot-

Da Tattoo Thread! Da Tattoo Thread!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 12:26 pm   Permalink

I tried the search before i posted, but most of it was pretty old, that´s why i decided to post a new one

Quote:

On 2005-09-08 12:14, woofmutt wrote:
A popular subject for those who are horrified by the sight of blank skin and have lots of cash.Tiki Central is equipped with a fancy pants high falutin' built in SEARCH feature. To quote from the thread below (Which I found with my own bare, unadorned hands and the SEARCH):

"...just use the "search" button on the top right side of this page and enter "tattoo" and watch the results fly. " -tikibot-

Da Tattoo Thread! Da Tattoo Thread!

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 1:16 pm   Permalink

wow the guy has 16 posts listed... dont you think you could have replied in a much nicer way?

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 2:04 pm   Permalink

I have three tiki tattoos, and when I get my digital camera fixed I'll get around to posting them. My wife has one as well. I'm planning on expanding one of them to show three Tiki idols instead of one. There you go. Beware: Very addicting.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 2:32 pm   Permalink

ah... this was the kind of discussion i wanted

Hope you can post your ink then.
And yes... tattoos ARE addicting, right now i got one fullsleeve and my whole chest tattooed. to be continued
Quote:

On 2005-09-08 14:04, ted tiki wrote:
I have three tiki tattoos, and when I get my digital camera fixed I'll get around to posting them. My wife has one as well. I'm planning on expanding one of them to show three Tiki idols instead of one. There you go. Beware: Very addicting.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 4:24 pm   Permalink

Yeah, you said that the previous tattoo thread was old. Yeah and then you add to it and bring it back. that makes it fresh again and when you ask if there is more, then we tell you to do a search. And now we are here

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-09-08 16:24 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 4:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-08 16:24, teaKEY wrote:
Yeah, you said that the previous tattoo thread was old. Yeah and then you add to it and bring it back. that makes it fresh again and when you ask if there is more, then we tell you to do a search. And now we are here

... sometimes the best tattoo is done at home... fun, too..

... get a no-blot pencil from the art store (actually go into an art store rather than shop online, this way you have fun dealing with the employees of an art store when you ask for a no-blot), along with some vellum or tracing paper... with a #2 dixon ticonderoga (or similar), draw your design on one side of the vellum... on the other, trace with a no-blot pencil... rub some clear speed stick on your skin and lay the art "no-blot" side down & rub... peel up and viola, you have your design... wrap thread around a needle and dip this in india ink... poke sharply and firmly along the outlines... be patient... in no time you'll have a great tatoo... drink beer...

[ This Message was edited by: alohabros 2005-09-08 16:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alohabros 2005-09-08 16:54 ]

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 5:09 pm   Permalink

sorry... didn´t mean to harm anyone ok?

Quote:

On 2005-09-08 16:24, teaKEY wrote:

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-08 10:10 pm   Permalink

"wow the guy has 16 posts listed... dont you think you could have replied in a much nicer way?" -rustbeltcat-

I thought about doing it much nicer, but then I realized that wouldn't jive with my whole mean and dirty image.

I probably shoulda mentioned the search feature. I probably shoulda included a link to a previous thread addressing his question, perhaps with a pithy little quote from that thread explaining the magic of the search feature. I probably shoulda tried to do it with a bit of humor. But I must be incapable of offering assistance or pulling of "the funny". Clearly I am part of the problem, not the solution. I feel just awful. And I'd apologize but my keyboard is awash in my tears of shame, failure, and bitterness for being the heartless beast I am and knowing I am incapable of change.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rotterdam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 02:30 am   Permalink

Turbosickboy don't forget you're in America now!

View Profile of Tiki Rotterdam Send a personal message to Tiki Rotterdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation