FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki International Market Place Will be horribly razed

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
International Market Place Will be horribly razed
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-07 10:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Yes, The slit drum from Papua New Guinea is cool. It's at the Waikiki Town Center (also slated for demolition with the Market and the Miramar Hotel,) and in the book about 174 pages in. (It's where the Bird Guy Bruce sets up shop on the Kuhio side. I hope he doesn't grab it.) I have a better shot of the dual head, but can't seem to find it now... But, Here's a bit of one of the rough layouts that I did for that page...

(I really do need to go through those one of these days and see what else the got left out of Waikiki Tiki...Obviously the head didn't make it in so this is really an outtake...)

The Queen Emma Foundation owns that property as well. I hope he doesn't grab it. The bench is also original to the International Market Place...

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2013-10-07 22:37 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation