FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NYC B-day Bash??
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
NYC B-day Bash??
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-11 12:30 pm   Permalink

Hey Steve Pang!
I sent you a private message, but no response. Inky Louise and I wanna throw a co-b-day Tiki Bash. Is Otto's available on Inky's b-day on Oct. 17 or mine Oct. 18? we were hoping to have performers and musical acts. This wouldn't be a closed/ private party, just a reason to have our freaky friends gather at Otto's for tiki drinks and fun! Let me know what you think, my email is
Manickitcha@aol.com.

TC-ers! got an act, performance, or crazy shtick? Do you want to do it at our party (if at Otto's orif not, somewhere not as cool?) Tiki-themed preferred, Zany-ness encouraged, amateurs OK!

Thanks,
Manic Cat

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-12 10:02 pm   Permalink

Hey Manic!

I'll be in the Northeast that weekend working my way down from Boston. I will likely be in Greenwich, CT on Saturday, October 18 so I could take the train down and meet you all at Otto's!

We'll talk when I'm in NYC next week (9/21 - 9/28).

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-15 11:27 am   Permalink

Greenwich? swanky, swanky, swanky...$$$$$$$$$
M C

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-15 2:08 pm   Permalink

hey there
my e-mail's been kinda wacky lately. friday the 17th is the better of the =
2 days. This girl "P5" of the band Ms Pakman is having a fundraiser that =
night but I don't think it would be a problem to have a live tiki type =
band that night especially since she dances for Fisherman. Let me know =
what you think =

steve

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-15 5:07 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I saw her at Coney Island with Fisherman. I love the pink hair!
Inky and I got some ideas for dancin': me, Melissa Kinsky, and the Pontani Family Reunion Dancers doing our Pontani Sisters-taught numbers; and Inky does the hula with some other island ladies. Can you fit us on the bill? We will provide B-day cake for everyone!!
by the way, on the School of Visual arts website, I could swear you were in a photo! ever take a class or cont. ed there?
(didn't save the link)
M C

tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-16 09:16 am   Permalink

I didn't go to SVA but I did go to Parsons ( with Melissa Kinski ).
As far as the party goes. That day Fisherman is playing P5's benefit so he'll already be there. I'll call P5 and ask her about the dancing but I think it'll be cool. It sounds like a fantastic nite shaping up!
you can call me at 212 484 4282 from 10-6 or after at 917 488 0112
steve

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-16 12:12 pm   Permalink

maybe it was Parsons site then? I'll try to find it.
ohh-ohh!! The party is sounding even better than I had imagined!! F I S H E R M A N is numero uno. If our dancing could be included, Inky and I would be happy, happy birthday girls. Is there a cover charge for the benefit? or just donations?

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-16 10:02 pm   Permalink

Guess I'll have to drive down that day from Vermont. Leave a light on for me!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 10:02 am   Permalink

Luckily, NYC stays up all night! You gotta come Arty!

tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 11:23 am   Permalink

I'm not sure about the benefit. That's something P5 is working on. I'll ask her about it when I see her
steve

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 3:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Manic,

I'll do what I can. I will literally be driving from the MA/VT border about 5 pm, so we'll see how far I get. I'll see you next in NYC. Are the Fishermen playing at Otto's on Tuesday? Time for another NYC Tikicrawl!!!

Arty

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 4:08 pm   Permalink

thanks Steve for all the help!
I'll get my ass up to 14th st. soon enough and we can talk in person. I'm itchin' for an Otto's Octane.

inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-09-22 09:07 am   Permalink

Hey Manic!

Do you feel like heading down there tonight???? Monday means Fisherman, no?

Ko-Huna is here too, so it could be a party...

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-23 10:20 am   Permalink

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y, S T E V E P A N G !!!!!!!!!!!

(New York Tiki Central Loves You and Otto's Shrunken Head)

tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-23 12:32 pm   Permalink

WOW thanks for the birthday greetings!
How'd you guys know? Did some sneaky tiki let it out? Anyhoo Brian Fisherman said he'd be happy to have you guys dance and if you've got music he could maybe learn it by then.
steve

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation