FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving pics of stuff fo da Tikis Grill and Bar Waikiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
pics of stuff fo da Tikis Grill and Bar Waikiki
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-28 1:27 pm   Permalink

Gecko, awesome as always. Maybe we will be able to make that trade at a later date. When were both not so busy.
Keep up the great work brah!

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-29 12:22 pm   Permalink

tanks Kick da Reverbe! maybe you'll come to da islands and see them with a maitai in your hand and Waikiki as your view.

Sounds good bruddah Flounda! maybe afta da year is ova.

aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-29 12:46 pm   Permalink

Boy oh boy, those are fine. I'm proud of you, G-man! Hey, maybe if THE TIKIS do decide to franchise, you will become the Barney West of this new chain...
It is really rewarding for me, who, devoid of practical artistic talent, decided to just use his EYES, to now witness how I have inspired and caused the raising of Tiki temples and the making of Tiki art in the very cradle of it.
But then, I was just the tool. Thank you, TIKI !

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2003-09-30 15:33 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-30 02:59 am   Permalink

Mahaloz "Big B" I have you to thank for the hook up! might never have happend without your input to da owner and that tiki Bible that you wrote!!

I do remember him saying the "franchise" word while the 3 of us had dinner....he has hinted it around to me a couple times since also. It would be a dream to be the Barney West of this Restaurant but, I'm happy with what I have been blessed with already by da bruddah upstairs.

Of course your beautiful book getting all of these peeps into this exotic way of living is truly a blessing too.

Okole Maluna to TIKI!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-10-04 9:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-24 22:00, PolynesianPop wrote:
Hey brah, Me, Hula Hula, and Chiki gonna be in Oahu from 11/17-11/21.

OOH! we'll just miss you.. we're going to be in Oahu Nov 8-12, then Kauai till nov 22.

NICE work, Gekko!!! these will be at which restaurant?? i'll drop you an email ~ maybe we can get together for a drink or two!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 01:26 am   Permalink

eh dogbytes give me a email when you come to da islands we can get together.

they put up the mask and the bamboo roof type thing i made for tikis but he liked the panel and the tikis so much he brought them to his house and has them on diplay there.

now he's ordering a tiki that looks like the one I did for Martin Denny for his mom...da mans got money to burn.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 9:49 pm   Permalink

Some of Geckos Old carvings

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 10:49 pm   Permalink

Gecko, This older work is really nice. Thanks Ben for bumping this one up. These old posts give a lot of insight into what's been happening on TC over the years.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation