FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sam's Seafood Polynesian Review October 17, 2003 AD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sam's Seafood Polynesian Review October 17, 2003 AD
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-10 2:13 pm   Permalink

Jab,

Still couldn't get email through (?)

Call me when in Huntington Beach cel 714-393-3378.

I'll try to stop by Ben's after I get some tattoo work done around 4:00.

My hut is about 1 block away from Ben's shop.

Aloha

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyRottenTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-13 11:34 am   Permalink

Hey Polypop!

How'd you get that picture of a tiki into your posts. That's totally cool.

View Profile of JohnnyRottenTiki Send a personal message to JohnnyRottenTiki  Email JohnnyRottenTiki Goto the website of JohnnyRottenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 8:06 pm   Permalink

Bummmmmmmp

What time is the show?

Bong's @ 5??
Mosey to Sam's @ 6? 6:30?
Drunken monkeys @ 8?
AlkaSeltzer @ 12?

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-10-15 11:03 pm   Permalink

could those who are going to the Sam's show tell the Jab to call me on my cel phone 388-5388. He knows the area code. I want to meet him on Saturday. Thanks for bringing this note along to tell him---bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-16 09:13 am   Permalink

If anyone wants to stop by the Bong Hut for a Chief Lapu Lapu, feel free. But not until at least 5:00.

I figure we'll head over to Sam's about 6:30 for da show.

If any out-of-towners don't know where I live, ring my cel phone at 714-393-3378 and I'll give you the destructions...

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-16 10:04 pm   Permalink

I feel like a cheapo here, but where can I find the "on-line" coupon? Anyone...anyone?

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-16 10:14 pm   Permalink

Here you go!

http://www.samsseafood.com/coupon.htm

Looks like all you have to do is mention it when you call for reservations.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

Any reviews?
You've had 2 days now to sober up, get wit it.
Okay, a day and a half.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-10-19 12:23 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 12:53 pm   Permalink

CRAZZZZZZZZZZZY AL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-19 8:03 pm   Permalink

What a night! The So Cali krew were celebrating pau hana style alright!

The highlight of the night was when the MC gal picked 3 people out of the audience to have a little hula fun with. Little did she know that the wild looking fellow she picked was just that.

I can't even describe what took place but Crazy Al had the entire place in stitches (with a little Lilo on the side). The MC could hardly carry on for a few minutes.

I had an interesting thing happen in the men's room though. As I was standing at the urinal, an older white male entered the can. After I reeled in the crank I walked over to the sink to wash up after a plate of ribs.

The older fellow also walked up to the sink. Fumbling for small talk, I spilled out "man, those ribs are great!". Then I went on to tell him that we are all part of a tiki collecting group and are having a great time at the show. He said "oh, really".

He went on to tell me he was the owner of Sam's. I then asked him about the gift shop that used to be there decades ago. He said 'yeah, we used to sell mugs and stuff, but then closed it down quite a while ago'.

He also said they used to serve drinks out of 'tiki mugs', but people kept walking off with them (?). I said 'what bastards!'.

He said he'd send a worker down to the basement to fetch me a Sam's mug. Stunned I was. Anyway, after talking his and his wife's ear off for a while, I had him sign the mug. He said there were cases of the mugs in the stanky old basement. The mind wonders...

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-10-19 20:05 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 11:04 pm   Permalink

"I had an interesting thing happen in the men's room though"

Whew!!! Good thing for the mug! (I thought you were going to say to everyone that I tried to urinate on your leg!)Arrrrrrrr!!

Good time was had! Nice seeing all and meeting the newbies fron England. What's next?

p.s. The motel we stayed at next door to Sam's, the 777 on pch looks to me that it used to be somewhat Tiki( little hints here and there) a while back (a long while). Sabu? Sven? Class, class, anyone??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 11:21 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-10-19 20:03, Tiki_Bong wrote:

I had an interesting thing happen in the men's room though. As I was standing at the urinal, an older white male entered the can. After I reeled in the crank I was
fumbling for small talk, I had him sign the mug. The mind wonders...
[quote]
It's amazing what a few clicks of the delete key can do. Just fuckin with ya Bongster.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-20 09:25 am   Permalink

No prob Unga, you're OK in my book...

Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 11:39 am   Permalink

The show was great!!! Crazy Al was awesome. It was also cool to meet TheBaxDog & his family.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 11:54 am   Permalink

They shanghaied Pug and me... I thought I was busted for some covert antics with theBax during darker moments of the show.... Well at least I didn't ask or volunteer to go on stage.

Never pass up a Polynesian Review!

how was Turks???

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation