[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tiki Event
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New England Tiki Event
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 1:59 pm   Permalink

In response to a post on the main thread, I think we should have a Northeast Tiki gathering! I'm in Connecticut, but I could easily make it up to the Boston area for an event. What do the rest of you New England TC'ers say? I'd be willing to help organize the event. Let's discuss.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 12:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikigreg,

I'm not a New Englander, but I travel there frequently. I'll be in New England from October 13-24, starting in Boston and working my way through to Western Mass and Connecticut. Maybe we can hook up during that time on one of those days if anyone is interested.

There's also a couple of folks in New York planning a gathering the weekend of October 17 and 18. More on that later this week.

Arty

IN THE ZEN OF STEN

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-09-20 12:27 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 1:36 pm   Permalink

I'm down, brah. I will help plan, sponsor or just attend any get togethers in N.E., Boston is only 3.5 hours away=) It's tough finding a lit tiki torch up here in Vermont, although I'm lighting them all the time. Someone else just keeps blowing them out;)

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-09-20 15:13 ]

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 3:20 pm   Permalink

i'm in.
i will be in FL for the weekend of the 17-19th, though, so i won't be able to make that one.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-21 04:22 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:19 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-21 06:22 am   Permalink

I plan on being in the Boston area on the weekend of October 11th. Maybe we can all meet at the Kowloon, the Bali Hai, or perhaps another place that someone would like to suggest. It would be great to get a few more folks and make it a big bash. Maybe I should place a post on the main discussion board to get everyone's attention, as long as Hanford doesn't mind.

Stentiki,I might also be able to make it to Boston the following weekend, but not sure yet. It would be great to hookup then, but if you're coming through Connecticut, maybe we can set something up in this area.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigreg on 2003-09-21 06:28 ]

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Midway Cafe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-23 04:11 am   Permalink

Hey Now Everyone,

I'm in if the time frame works. I wanted to hit the Kowloon and the Bali Hai on Sunday, but after crawling around Salem for the day the kids were beat and just wanted to get home. I saw the Bali Hai from the highway and almost took the next exit.

View Profile of Midway Cafe Send a personal message to Midway Cafe  Email Midway Cafe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-23 06:32 am   Permalink

i love salem. i guess i just like a lot of new england in general. i'd love to do what brad the beachcomber is doing around here someplace. i guess it will have to wait until the big lotto win.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-23 10:00 am   Permalink

I'm from CT (Wilton) but now in NYC. I would love to eventually meet the New England TC chapter, but my calendar in October is jam-packed.
M C

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-23 10:23 am   Permalink

i'm kinda f'ed for time, too, but i really want to check out some tiki stuff here (being new and all...)

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-28 8:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikigreg, et. al.,

Just back from NYC and as always had a fab time with Inky and Manic. Would love to meet you all when during my trip to New England this October.

Here is my schedule to date:

10/13 - 10/15: Boston
10/16 - 10/17: Western Mass.
10/18 - 10/19: NYC
10/19 - 10/21: Greenwich, CT
10/21 - 10/24: Hartford Area
10/25 - Fly Home to The OC

I'm hoping to meet the NYC Ohana on Saturday, October 18. If anyone is up for going out on a school night, we could meet up for dinner at Kowloon sometime between 10/13 and 10/15. Hell, I'll likely be there on one of those nights either way, so the more the merrier!

I'm thinking that Friday, October 17 might be a good night to check out the Huki Lau in Chicopee, MA.

Hope to see yous somewheres during that week.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 11:34 am   Permalink

Back to the top we go.

Aloha! I am eagerly waiting to hear from some of my New England bruddahs and wahines as to the location and time of a N.E. event. My 1000 square foot underground speakeasy tiki bar is nearing completion (e.t.a. oct 31, 2003) which can accomodate 50 - 60 revelers, but it is quite a drive from Boston (3.5 hours) to Burlington, VT. Who would be interested in actually setting a date for a meet & greet at, say, the Kowloon, Saugus, Ma. sometime in October/November? I will be happy to take care of the particulars (reservations and whatever) as long as enough people (three is a good start) are interested. Perhaps we can get some sort of event strategy together (or just chat/brag and drink). Or maybe plans are already under way in which case I want in!

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-10-09 15:24 ]

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 3:33 pm   Permalink

Hey Primo,
I'm up for a gathering, but I did a quick headcount on the New England contingent of TCers, and we might have 6 total. So I'm not sure we have much of a base to go on. Anyone else? At any rate, count me in. I will be in Boston November 15th, not October as I had thought I might be. So if something could be arranged then, let's do it!

tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 3:45 pm   Permalink

As noted in stentiki's post above, maybe we could get together at the Huke Lau in Chicopee on the 17th. Anyone else in?

tikigreg

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 4:56 pm   Permalink

Oct. 17? can't make it--it's my birthday weekend
M C

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation