FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Tiki Event
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New England Tiki Event
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 06:48 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: SES on 2003-12-27 21:30 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 08:22 am   Permalink

Then maybe a gathering in Burlington would be the ticket. Let me see a show of hands of those willing to make the trek to VT.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 09:15 am   Permalink

whats the driving time from providence?

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 10:08 am   Permalink

Now we're talking! I could not be more excited than to host my fellow tiki centralites for a night of aloha. Driving time from Boston 3.5hrs; from Montreal 1.5hrs; from Providence or NYC 5.0hrs; Portland, Maine 4.0hrs; Washington DC 13.0hrs; San Francisco 72.0hrs. I am about 100 yards from the Burlington Radisson Hotel. I can offer some very uncomfortable accomodations on a cold cement floor for free and there is a seedy motel a few blocks away if you don't mind commingling with the rent by the week crowd. These are the places within walking distance. All the other standard hotel/motels are within a 7 min drive from my place. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-11-18 07:49 ]

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 11:28 am   Permalink

I'm in the Hartford area, and I'm ready to make the 4.5 hour trip. I think this will be a great first step in getting the NorthEast tiki crowd together. Let's see, we have Rain, SES, cabernet, Midway Cafe... any others out there that want to be in the vanguard of the New England Tiki scene?

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-09 15:45, tikigreg wrote:
As noted in stentiki's post above, maybe we could get together at the Huke Lau in Chicopee on the 17th. Anyone else in?

tikigreg

Aloha gang,

Here is an update of my plans for next week:

Monday, 10/13 Boston - Dinner at Kowloon
Tuesday, 10/14 Boston - Dinner at Bali Hai
Wednesday, 10/15 Boston - Drinks at Tiki Room
Thursday, 10/16 Boston - All of the above
Friday, 10/17 - Western MA - Evening at the Huki Lau? Or NYC

Saturday, 10/18 - NYC
Sunday, 10/19 - Stamford, CT
Monday, 10/20 - Stamford, CT
Tuesday, 10/21 - 10/24 Hartford Area
Friday, 10/24 - Fly Home to The OC
Saturday, 10/25 - Fly to Maui
(just thought I'd throw that one in there!)

I currently have plans to drive down to NYC on October 17 but I could change my plans to meet at the Huki Lau in Chicopee if anyone is up for it. However, I need to know soon so I can make advanced plans.

Also, last year I went to the Huki Lau on a Friday night and they were packed! So we would need to set a time. I estimate that I could be there some time after 6 pm.

That's all for now. Lemmie know if you wanna meet.

Mahalo.

Arty

IN THE ZEN OF STEN

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-10-10 12:39 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 5:07 pm   Permalink

Arty,
you probably know that there's no tiki B-day bash anymore on Friday. I might be doing something small with my friends that night, but nothing is planned. If there's something going on, you're invited. sat night is my b-day and Benny is taking me to see Lewis Black and Dave Attel, so I'll be busy.
M C

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 5:53 pm   Permalink

Dave Attel!

I love Dave Attel! I may have to crash that partay!

Actually, when I AM Dave Attel when I travel alone!

Maybe I'll see you in New York. I'll keep you posted.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 6:22 pm   Permalink

Arty,
Let's meet at the Hu Ke Lau on Friday the 17th. My wife and I will be there around 6. Anyone else?

tikigreg

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 11:06 am   Permalink

I'm in!

Looking forward to it.

Hu Ke Lau on Friday, October 17, 2003.

Do we need reservations?

Arty

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 03:30 am   Permalink

i will be in FL on the weekend of the 17th. oh well - maybe next time!

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 08:32 am   Permalink

I'll check on the reservations for the 17th, and will set it up if need be.

Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 6:23 pm   Permalink

With all my big talk... I don't think I'll be able to make it on the 17, but I am going to try to reschedule to make the Hukelau.
I'll keep you all informed.

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-14 8:04 pm   Permalink

Tikigreg & Kimo,

Aloha from your neck of the woods. This message comes to you courtesy of Kinko's, the Tiki traveler's best friend.

Anyhoo,

Primo, hope you can make it. I would be pleased to meet you (hope you guess my name!).

Tikigreg, it would be cool if we could catch "da show" at the Hu Ke Lau. I think we would definitely need reservations for that one. If not, we can always convene in the bar and have pupus and lapus while we watch the show through the glass window.

I'm thinking we might meet between 6:30 and 7:00 pm. This will give me time to check into my hotel and change from work clothes into the aloha wear.

Should be good fun. Looking forward to meeting you. I'll post again when I get a chance.

Mahalo.

Arty

tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 05:32 am   Permalink

Arty,
I made reservations for the show. Seating begins at 6 and the show starts at 7:30. We have reservation A21. Hope you can make it in time to order and eat before the show! Anyone else wanting to come, there's an extra spot at our table.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation