FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Halloween Cocktail music
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Halloween Cocktail music
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 7:48 pm   Permalink

I've been putting some CD's together and the X-mas music topic has inspired me to ask for some help. I have several Halloween CD's (rock, new wave, old classics, etc.) but I'd like to put together a creepy cocktail hour comp. So far I can only think of "Ole' Black Magic" (Mel Torme's version) and Franks' "Witchcraft". I suppose the surf inspired Munsters' Theme might fit, and perhaps Nina Simones' version of "I Put a Spell on You"... but that's only 4. (an EP's worth, not an album) Any suggestions?
-Z

[ This Message was edited by: feelin' zombified on 2003-09-17 19:49 ]

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 8:04 pm   Permalink

Check out The Moon-Rays "Chills and Thrills" CD. Spooky sci-fi surf from beyond. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.ravenscott2000.com/Moon-Rays.html

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-17 8:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-17 20:04, Juno wrote:
Check out The Moon-Rays "Chills and Thrills" CD.

Too cool: one of the song samples is a cover of the John Barry Sevens' "BeatGirl" that I just mentioned in the Obscure Films thread yesterday. Small world.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-18 08:00 am   Permalink

Here's the track list from the NEW WAVE Halloween CD... not quite what you were looking fro but I thought it was worth posting!

1. Time Warp
2. Everyday Is Halloween - Ministry
3. Devil in My Car - The B-52's
4. Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
5. Pet Sematary - The Ramones
6. Theme from Halloween - MX-80 Sound 7. Munsters Theme - Comateens
8. Creature from the Black Lagoon - Dave Edmunds
9. Halloween - Siouxsie & the Banshees 10. Halloween - Dream Syndicate
11. Halloween - Sonic Youth
12. Halloween - Dead Kennedys
13. Halloween - The Misfits
14. Halloween - Mudhoney
15. Creature With the Atom Brain - Aliens

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-18 08:19 am   Permalink

If you go to amazon.com and type in voodoo you might find something - 'Voodoo' by Robert Drasnin looks interesting.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-18 08:22 am   Permalink

Arthur Lyman's 'Taboo' and 'Taboo 2' may prove fruitful as well.

PS. I just read that you already had a new wave halloween CD, so sorry for the redundancy. Must read posts more carefully!

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-18 08:45 am   Permalink

It's gotta be Screaming Jay Hawkins.... I put a spell on you, Aligator wine, Little Demon....all classics

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-09-18 1:37 pm   Permalink

'Halloween Spooks' by Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-09-18 2:47 pm   Permalink

They're expensive, but you might want to track down the old Halloween lps by Frankie Stein and His Ghouls:
http://www.rogersbasement.com/Frankie.htm

Great 1960s Surf, Twist, Hully Gully, & Frug dance music with all kinds of screams and horror sound-effects going on in the background. Pretty amazing stuff. I was lucky and found the whole set of records at a local Salvation Army thrift store for two dollars apiece.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-18 4:53 pm   Permalink

Put on a few tracks from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack and check other movie soundtracks for selected sounds (the Exorcist's Tubular Bells, etc.)...You'll also need Zevon's Werewolves of London..

View Profile of scigirl Send a personal message to scigirl  Goto the website of scigirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 01:46 am   Permalink

Big Moon Arising.....as in American Werewolf

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 02:28 am   Permalink

"Bad Moon Rising" is good too...

Doors "The End".

Then there's that horrific scary song that can bring shudders or even nightmares..."cheezeburGer in pAradise".

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 02:50 am   Permalink

Doh! Bad Moon Arising! Hadn't had enough coffee yet......must wake up..........mustwake up..........

hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-09-19 03:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-18 08:19, tikifish wrote:
If you go to amazon.com and type in voodoo you might find something - 'Voodoo' by Robert Drasnin looks interesting.

Are you familiar with this recording Tikifish? I don't know if this one counts as halloween music, but it is Exotica.

http://www.tikiroom.com/music/savage.htm#robertdrasnin

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-22 11:19 am   Permalink

I am excited about this thread, I want to make a halloween cocktail/lounge CD too!

Let's her some more suggestions!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation