FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food FINALLY! Results of the Official Tiki Central Drink Contest!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
FINALLY! Results of the Official Tiki Central Drink Contest!
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-09-19 2:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone:

It took us a while but I finally have the results! We have a winner!

http://www.tikiroom.com/drinks/drinkcontest.htm

Special thanks to go the judges, and Martiki for hosting the event, and to:

Drew Brophy ( www.drewbrophy.com )
Tiki Farm ( www.tikifarm.com )
Tiki Freaks ( www.tikifreaks.com )

for providing prizes!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 5:56 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Kick The Reverberations, Cabernet, and Jab. I can't wait to try these, you are gonna be famous for this........at least on TC anyway. oops,....arrrrr, that's the best I can do for the pirate day.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-09-19 17:58 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 6:10 pm   Permalink

That's so great! Congratulations everyone! I think I'll have my own taste test this weekend. They all sound yummy!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-19 6:13 pm   Permalink

yes, congrats! I gotta try these drinks now. "Da Reverb Crash" sounds good right now!

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 11:42 am   Permalink

Wow...my cheeks hurt from smiling (I stole this expression from my wife...)
I'm floored...
Judd wrote me long ago that he and some of his freinds tried my drink and really liked it, but I did not think that had anything to do with the actual judging...
I'm honored..what a great surprise to come from military reserve duty and find this.
Thanks a lot for choosing me, Weird Uncle Tiki, TheJab, Robin, MarTiki, Rebecca, Mig and of course, Hanford.
Also, congrats Caber-Net and TheJab for winning, too.
I wasn't expecting any prizes, but this is really great.. thanks a lot Drew, Tiki Farm and Tiki Freaks.
Finally - When I was celebrating International Tiki Day with my friends (sorry- no pics), my band's bass player (who doesn't like sweet drinks) asked for something strong..so I swapped the Myers's with Lemon Hart 151 Demerara (courtesy of Caber-Net), and floated some more of it on top...needless to say, that version should be called the Reverb Kick.

Mahalo
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-20 11:46 pm   Permalink

Congrats All! Excellent Choices! I think we're all winners in this one. Don't you all think this should be an Annual Competition? I mean... Hell! There's not really that much that's Competitive About It! Everybody Gets Good Recipes from it, don't they? Whooooo-Hooooo!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-21 09:36 am   Permalink

Wow! These drinks look really great. Congratulations to all, but especially kick_the-reverb -- your win doubly impresses me, because we've been able to hear about the challenge you have finding ingredients. I also love that you used grapefruit juice -- my favorite simple drink of the moment is a Salty Dog. I'm looking forward to trying out all of these drinks.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-09-22 3:00 pm   Permalink

I just got back from a bachelor party in Reno and saw this. Congratulations to kick-the-reverb and caber-net! Thanks Martin and Rebecca for being wonderful hosts - Martin's hands were a blur making the drinks quickly so we wouldn't be up all night judging. Thanks also to the prize contributors, and to Hanford for ending my suspense waiting for the results!

A suggestion for my Knockout Punch recipe: Double or triple the recipe for a drink, or better yet make a volcano bowl full - red drinks always look great in a volcano bowl!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-23 6:36 pm   Permalink

Nice work everybody- now I'm off to the store for some of the more elusive ingredients. And of course, I totally agree that there is "no substitute for Kava"!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 12:58 am   Permalink

Congrats to the winners

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 09:20 am   Permalink

Congratulations Mixologists!
Your neck charms are on the way.

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-09-25 12:21 pm   Permalink

I wanted to add a comment that all of the entries were good. There was not one drink that was truly bad. Some were sweeter than others, and may appeal to those who like sweeter drinks, while others (including the 3 winning entries) were more tart. So in many cases the judges gave mixed scores because of different preferences. Only the top 2 winners were given unanimously high scores.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:03 am   Permalink

Is there any chance of there being another drink recipe contest?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find any info on it.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
*Fourcrows*
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-25 2:49 pm   Permalink

I'm bumping this with the hope that there will be another contest....

I think I just came up with a killer!

(now, let the buzz wear off, and I may rethink this, but man...it's been a great day!)

View Profile of *Fourcrows* Send a personal message to *Fourcrows*  Email *Fourcrows* Goto the website of *Fourcrows*     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbanu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-05 05:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-25 14:49, *Fourcrows* wrote:
I'm bumping this with the hope that there will be another contest....

I think I just came up with a killer!

(now, let the buzz wear off, and I may rethink this, but man...it's been a great day!)

That's a good point. It's been a few years... any chance for some hungry newcomers to take the Reverb Crash's crown?

View Profile of mbanu Send a personal message to mbanu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation