FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tease-o-rama Oct 10-12 in L.A.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tease-o-rama Oct 10-12 in L.A.
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 1:19 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:09 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:18 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm in for Saturday. I will be attending some of the daytime "work shops". If any TC women are planning to take the "twirling" class, please e-mail me, so we can meet up. I checked out a couple of places that sell tassels around my neighborhood and the selection is poor and the quality low. Purchasing the Twirly Girl tassels are a must. Unfortuntely, I did not order mine in time and hafta to make do with some ugly cheapo-ones that are too small. I may just pin them to a t-shirt cause I'm shy. (Okay, I can hear ya'll laughing).

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:41 pm   Permalink

Cheeky, I would bet that the Twirly Girl girl will be there, you may be able to buy them during the event. I got mine from her at a show up here in Seattle, and they are deeee-luxe!

Man, I wish I could be there!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 6:15 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu, I figured they would probably be available at the event, but being a rather thrifty girl, okay...cheap, I was trying to avoid the inevitable mark-up. The ones I wanted were $27.95, the chintzy ones I purchased were $12.95--I think I was being pennywise and dollar foolish.

And don't fret, you'll be in the company of us So. Cal. Hoiti Toiti's soon!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 02:59 am   Permalink

just got back from teaseorama, wish there was a way to meet up with some of you. the ms. and i had a blast this evening, and will be back for the rest of the weekend.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 12:05 pm   Permalink

don't know if any of you will check in at tikicentral again before heading to teaseorama today, but the ms. and i will probably stop by tiki ti early before the show. if you go to tiki ti this evening, look behind the bar. We (`Ona Tiki) gave mike and mike one of the Zombie (moai) mugs from our test fire.
if you have not been to tiki ti, its about five minutes from teaseorama. take any street from hollywood blvd, heading east, make a right down to sunset, make a left. in a few blocks sunset will start to curve toward your right, after it curves, keep your eyes to the left. if you hit fountain, you have passed it.
maybe we will bump into one of you there.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 10:44 pm   Permalink

Well, we did it. We sat through all 5 hours and 45 minutes of Saturday night's show. I loved the improvisational skills of our host Kitten on the Keys. She was one of the most entertaining parts of the show. Aside from my usual favorites like Ginger Goldmine, the Pontani Sisters and Dirty Martini, I also really liked an act I'd never seen before: The Lavender Cabaret. They were one of the most professional, tightly-rehearsed dance/striptease acts I have ever seen live.

Oh, and I can't forget the Wau Wau Sisters. If you left before the end of the show, you really missed something. I'm talking about acrobatic, Catholic school girls doing a lesbian striptease to Nightranger's "Sister Christian".

On the down side, Catherine D'lish was not quite up to par with her performance. In fact, she seemed a bit out of sorts.....REALLY out of sorts. And although I understand the desire to have some Halloween themed acts, I just couldn't quite get into the group from Denver, "Burlesque As It Was". Something about watching an amputee strip (fake or not) just wasn't that entertaining.

Anyway, here's the few shots I did get. Sorry about the blurriness on some of them. Oh, and don't forget to take a close look at the last 2 pics. Anyone from Mondo Tiki recognize them? Baxdog....Iuka Grogg....anyone?

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b353d6c3458a

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-14 11:52 am   Permalink

We had a great time. I totally agree with most of your comments VG. The Lavender Cabaret put on an awesome show! When the Burlesque as it was group started it seemd kind of neat and weird. By the time we got to the amputee removing limbs; all appeal had been lost. I think if it had been done in a different manner it might have worked in a camp sort of way.

Sadly, we had to leave a little early and so missed the second Wau Wau Sisters set. How was Dita?
A

(Edited by the Patriot Act)

[ This Message was edited by: Andrew on 2003-10-14 11:53 ]

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-14 10:12 pm   Permalink

Dita was her usual ultra-glamorous self with even more fancy props, in fact, an entire set of pink and silver-glittered furniture resembling a boudoir. (Can't help but wonder if Manson is helping to foot that bill.) She entered as if just coming home from an evening out in a spectacular satin and sequined gown which was quickly undone by her 2 platinum blonde maids. Then it was down to an authentic corset which was gently loosened at first by the maids, then removed. She ended up in silver pasties and pale undies before dipping into a real, working clawfoot bathtub, filled with water and suds, and proceeded to writhe about in an ecstasy of bathing while using a hand-held shower head to great effect.

In other words, Dita was Dita.

Later on, Marilyn Manson dared a friend of his to get up and harrass the comics in between the acts at which point they challenged the friend to do a bit of juggling. The guy was so lame and drunk that all he could think of saying was, "I had sex in Marilyn Manson's coyfish pond." Everyone just laughed at him and booed him off.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-14 10:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the Dita update. My wife was dying to see her, but alas it wasn't to be.

The guy was probably a professional cronie. Getting laughed off stage is as good as it gets for idiots like that.
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 12:08 am   Permalink

great pics VG.

but i don't recognize the golden showers girl?

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 11:06 am   Permalink

That's Pee Girl alright. Take a look at these photos. Notice the "art" on her lower legs:

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-10-15 11:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-10-15 11:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-10-15 11:11 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 11:14 am   Permalink

ARRRGGHHHH! I CAN'T GET THE PICS TO POST! Anyway, Here's Pee girl in Vegas:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=3440&forum=4&start=15

Same tatoos.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 1:39 pm   Permalink

Blonde (with hands raised) at Mondo Tiki:

Now Brunette (on floor) at Tease-o-Rama:

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyRottenTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-15 1:45 pm   Permalink

Atomic.....pardon me for being so neanderthal............but who is pee-girl, why is she nicknamed pee-girl, and where are the pics of this pee-girl?? Oh! And I'm assuming it's p-e-e and not p-e-a as in Andersons brand pea soup?

View Profile of JohnnyRottenTiki Send a personal message to JohnnyRottenTiki  Email JohnnyRottenTiki Goto the website of JohnnyRottenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation