FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Pimento Liqueur
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Pimento Liqueur
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 7:10 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki 2006-10-05 21:50 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 3:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-25 12:47, thejab wrote:
Thanks captnkirk, I've been trying to order from them for years with no luck. I just placed an order for a bottle. I just hope it comes before my current stash runs out.

The Jaspers Jamaican is a very tasty drink. You can really taste the pimento liqueur in that one.

Also very good is the Montego Bay from Don the Beachcomber. The recipe is in Intoxica by Beachbum Berry.

I ordered it and paid by PayPal on Feb 12 I had my bottle by Feb 24

I did not know if they had a good reputation or not that is why I used PayPal. If you get ripped off send to a verified seller, you get a refund.

As for the price and liquor laws. It was the cheapest way to get a bottle and it should last me a very long time. How is the state of Maryland going to intercept an unmarked FedEx package and determine it has liquor in it? I you get caught what is the penalty? As for other packages from Jamacia well they have dogs that find those, and very severe penalities.

[ This Message was edited by: captnkirk 2006-02-27 15:11 ]

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-27 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I ordered it and paid by PayPal on Feb 12 I had my bottle by Feb 24

I did not know if they had a good reputation or not that is why I used PayPal. If you get ripped off send to a verified seller, you get a refund.

Good, I ordered using Paypal as well. Paypal is my pal.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 4:32 pm   Permalink

I placed an order for pimento several months ago and have heard nothing since. I tried sending an email a couple of days ago to check on the status of the order using the email address given on the web page. The email bounced with the error indicating that there was no such address. Does anyone have a good address for these guys?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 4:13 pm   Permalink

Here is the email I sent the payment to, I know they will get your message here:

jbm@caribbeantreasures.com

Good luck.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 6:31 pm   Permalink

Eh, I enjoy making my own. Sure, I can order "the real thing" but if this is truly a "folk liqueur" then I think homebrew is a solid option.

To be honest, I like mine so much that I'd still make it even if I could buy the pro stuff at the store.

Can't beat the price either. I think a bottle costs me less than $10.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 06:51 am   Permalink

KuKu,
I enjoyed making my own too, but was curious how it compared to "da real ting", so I ordered a bottle. Hopefully, I'll know soon enough and let y'all know how it compares to the recipe recommended by Dr. Cocktail in one of the other pimento posts.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 4:47 pm   Permalink

I think, I've just found & bought something that's very similar to pimento liqueur.

It's an Indian Liqueur, though it's a product of France.

The front of the bottle says: MANGALORE d'Espices et de Piment

GIFFARD - Mangalore

Description:
Subtle flavours of spices and peppers.

Mangalore or the flavour of the Indian coasts of Malabar, in which cinnamon and cardamom are blended to smooth out the pepper. A surprising, strong and subtle mixture.

The aromatic spices first smooth out the peppery taste (lemon-flavoured taste and sweetness of the cinnamon), somewhat masking it. Then it reappears (without being aggressive) mixed with the rounded and sweet flavours of the spices.

Pure on the rocks or on crushed ice, in icy or "flambé" shot, in long drinks or cocktails, Mangalore gives an original peppery and spicy flavour.

Producer: Giffard -
www.giffard.com
ABV: 40.0%
Country of Origin: France

Has anyone else ever tried or heard of this stuff?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 08:47 am   Permalink

Nope, but I want some!

Funny, I make a cardamom liqueur already... and have been kicking around a cinnamon/black pepper/red pepper combo. I was going to tint it with turmeric.

This does not sound like it would match pimento flavorwise though. Pimento is kinda mild and sweet.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 11:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-27 16:32, PiPhiRho wrote:
I placed an order for pimento several months ago and have heard nothing since. I tried sending an email a couple of days ago to check on the status of the order using the email address given on the web page. The email bounced with the error indicating that there was no such address. Does anyone have a good address for these guys?

Did you ever get your order PiPhiRho & Jab?

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-07-10 12:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-10 11:24, Tiki Bird wrote:

Did you ever get your order PiPhiRho & Jab?

No. I emailed them on June 26th., and again today. Still waiting for a response.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-10 6:08 pm   Permalink

I must have won the Pimento Lotto; I ordered mine in the middle of March and it showed up in May. I had pretty much written it off, but was pleasantly surprised by a box one afternoon when I got home from work. The Ancient Mariner is FANTASTIC!

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-07-11 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-10 18:08, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:
I must have won the Pimento Lotto; I ordered mine in the middle of March and it showed up in May. I had pretty much written it off, but was pleasantly surprised by a box one afternoon when I got home from work. The Ancient Mariner is FANTASTIC!

That sucks! I ordered mine on February 25th. (payed by Paypal), was notified in March that it would be shipping in April, and still have not received it. Buyer beware!

JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 2:08 pm   Permalink

Ditto on Jab's experience. Their website says next Pimento run in August, but I aint holding my breath.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 4:45 pm   Permalink

Has anyone who was waiting for their bottle received it yet? I was thinking of placing an order, but their website now says "next shipment in Sept 2006". They're obviously not keeping the site up to date and that concerns me.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation