FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Alibi, Portland, OR (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Alibi, Portland, OR (restaurant)
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-10-21 1:00 pm   Permalink

Val and I visited The Alibi on our Portland trip a couple of weeks ago. Armed with the knowledge from this thread, we got what we were expecting. The decor really is great; I made it a point to sit where I could marvel at the entrance hut. Service was very quick and enthusiastic. Even if you're only going to stop for a drink or two, The Alibi is worth a stop when you're in the area. I'm Karaoke-adverse, so we visited pretty early during happy hour. Of course the downside of visiting early is not seeing the fantastic sign lit up.

I took a few photos, but unfortunately I didn't sanity check the interior shots before leaving and they're not the best quality.

Higher resolution versions are up
on Flickr

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-21 2:23 pm   Permalink

I'll throw a few of my pictures up here as well. Great place and well worth checking out. Waitress said they may have their own mugs soon...

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-23 9:38 pm   Permalink

Fun place,
great cheap fried foods,
so so tiki drinks,
get strait rum, or beer.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-20 09:21 am   Permalink

Munktiki just posted on Facebook that Larry White, the owner of the Alibi, passed away.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-20 8:37 pm   Permalink

Yeah, it is an end of an era in Portland Tiki. Tonite was the unveiling of the limited edition Tiki mug @ The Alibi. My health and my pocketbook didn't allow attendance. Next several drinks will be toasts to Larry. He's gonna be missed.

View Profile of Coffee Pirate Send a personal message to Coffee Pirate  Email Coffee Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-22 8:15 pm   Permalink

Zombie
Sucks, all juice

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-22 9:06 pm   Permalink

Yep, but you don't go there for quality drinks you go there for the vintage mid-century tiki atmosphere.

aloha. tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-23 06:54 am   Permalink

The Alibi is the Bahooka of Portland. As the case of the Bahooka proves, these places can be there one day and the next they're gone. Value them for what they are while they are still there.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-23 6:24 pm   Permalink

Don't get me wrong,
The place looked awesome.
It would just be nice to have a good drink as well,
I don't think that's to much to ask for.
After a few sips the bartender asked "so how's the SWEET drink?"

!

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-24 10:07 am   Permalink

Yep! Sven is right. From the pics this place looks very cool. Although I have never been here, sometimes we just have to take the good with the bad. Great decor, bad drinks. Like it was discussed in that other thread about that temporary Tiki bar back east.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation