FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Alibi, Portland, OR (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
The Alibi, Portland, OR (restaurant)
Cavemoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-12-31 07:15 am   Permalink

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2016/12/30/18767582/club-21-owners-to-take-over-classic-north-portland-tiki-bar-the-alibi

This is actually probably good news. I have worked with these guys in the past and they've done really great things with Club 21 and The Sandy Hut.

View Profile of Cavemoai Send a personal message to Cavemoai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-31 09:41 am   Permalink

Dixon, Any Info?

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DixonAlibi
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-01-11 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-12-31 09:41, Or Got Rum? wrote:
Dixon, Any Info?

Very little.
I was on vacation when I got the call about what was happening. I had hopes of working with them on making The Alibi even better and continuing the path we had been on, but when I returned from vacation Monday, I was told (not by the new owners), that they weren't interested in keeping me on.

It was my absolute pleasure getting the Alibi to where it was as of Sunday, January 8th; and I'm so grateful to those of you on here who have helped with that. I really hope they keep the place going as is, and make it even greater.

View Profile of DixonAlibi Send a personal message to DixonAlibi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-11 7:48 pm   Permalink

So that's who you are! So sorry about you losing your gig at the Alibi you've been a wonderful advocate for the place. All the new lamps there look incredible. I hope the new owners appreciate the Alibi as much as you do!

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-12 08:07 am   Permalink

Yes, many thanks Dixon, for keeping us informed and sharing all your finds here, much appreciated! You have provided an invaluable service to the old place, and I hope the new owners will be informed and appreciative of that!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Teadoir
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-07 10:20 pm   Permalink

Only just heard about this. So the new owners are also responsible for the Sandy Hut? That's good news. Only Been to the Sandy Hut once, but I liked the fact that they'd restored a mid century bar and liked the vibe. Until the night crowd started to show up and it became standing room only. But that's Portland for you.

Some friends just went and seemed pleased, though I haven't heard a detailed report yet. Everyone is on the edge of their seat. Hopefully this doesn't through a kink in Tiki Kon's relationship with them

View Profile of Teadoir Send a personal message to Teadoir      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Adam Aku Aku
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-07 11:31 pm   Permalink

I'm at Alibi right now. This is only day two open with the new management. The menus are showing a serious attempt to get it right. The flavor profiles of the drinks are right on. They just need a few tweaks like getting crushed ice and giving the drinks a serious shake. I think this is the first time in decades that they sqeezed a lime!

View Profile of Adam Aku Aku Send a personal message to Adam Aku Aku  Email Adam Aku Aku     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Adam Aku Aku
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-07 11:41 pm   Permalink

And the recently produced limited Munktiki mugs are dirt cheap. The normal $12 Zombie is $30 with mug. I could have saved $12 by not pre ordering it.

View Profile of Adam Aku Aku Send a personal message to Adam Aku Aku  Email Adam Aku Aku     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation