FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Creating Tiki Ľ Ľ Tiki Carving Ľ Ľ Hanford Lemoore's Artwork
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hanford Lemoore's Artwork
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-24 11:11 pm   Permalink

I'm starting this topic to showcase my own work (heh heh) ... I encourage all other Tiki craftsmen to start their own Topic to be their own showcase. Put your name in the subject, then post your artwork to the topic. When you add artwork, add it as a reply to your existing Topic rather than creating a new Topic. (thanks to BK for this wonderful idea ... )

Here's my first Tiki painting:

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-09-24 23:14 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-24 11:24 pm   Permalink

Very nice!

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:30 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-24 11:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-24 23:24, SES wrote:
Very nice!
Are you going to keep the individual artist topics open or locked? Or maybe ability to delete any in case of mistaken posts, etc...

My thinking is they'll just be normal posts, so that people can make comments (like yours!). Hopefully others will respect that and not try to post their own art in other's topics.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 12:57 am   Permalink

tiki impressionism!!!

very nice

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 06:09 am   Permalink

I really like that painting. The undefined edges/blurring is great. It creates the feeling I get when looking at good artwork after 5 Mai Tais without the Mai Tais. What materials did you use and what are the dimensions of the painting?

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 08:26 am   Permalink

Hanford,
Very nice painting! I like the impressionistic, yet exotic feel. I too, am curious of the media used. Acrylic on canvas?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 09:02 am   Permalink

Very nice!

Is that genuine black velvet?

I particularly like how the impressionism gives it that post-WWII retro feel. Like something from an album cover or paperback cover.

[ This Message was edited by: Philot on 2003-09-25 09:06 ]

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 1:48 pm   Permalink

Hanford,

I really like that painting. Have you posted it before? It is super cool. Have you any other artwork to post?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-09-25 3:24 pm   Permalink

Who knew? Proof once again that "Hanford Lemoore" is actually a secret underground cabal of crafty elves, much like Keebler.

No one person could be so damn clever!

Nice work.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 4:15 pm   Permalink

Underpants gnomes?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-25 11:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

I thought Iíd try a little experiment in the new Creating Tiki forum.

My painting is actually a test image made by a program I wrote. It took it less than 5 minutes to generate the image from scratch, using several sources as input (including photos of a 3 foot tiki from my living room). So, Iím afraid the media is ďelectronicĒ and the dimensions are 600 x 800 pixels. I forced the routine to make certain decisions while painting in order to test out other aspects of the code Iím working on.

Iíve been experimenting with routines like this for almost ten years now. The routines are all designed to create images from scratch, with variations. The program generates images nonstop, and I have in the past let it churn for hours (or days) and generate hundreds of new works of art based on the rules Iíve written. This particular routine creates brush strokes.

In other words, Iím a nerd.

One more note on this Ö the real art to this is watching it be painted from a blank canvas (which of course I have no way to show off here). It can be mesmerizing to watch a brand new painting develop from scratch on-screen, and I write these programs with the painting process in mind as much as the final result. Although itís generated by a computer, I still consider it my art. Iíve built a piece of art that in turn builds new pieces of art.

~Hanford

emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 12:03 am   Permalink

Hanford, you are a very good nerd. I would never have taken that image for computer-generated. Byooteeful!

em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-25 23:24, hanford_lemoore wrote:
One more note on this Ö the real art to this is watching it be painted from a blank canvas (which of course I have no way to show off here). It can be mesmerizing to watch a brand new painting develop from scratch on-screen, and I write these programs with the painting process in mind as much as the final result. Although itís generated by a computer, I still consider it my art. Iíve built a piece of art that in turn builds new pieces of art.

~Hanford

Meta-Art! Now you have to write a program that rewrites the program that makes the art...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 3:17 pm   Permalink

different from style from the rest....good imagination you have. Nice paitning fo da wall.

Send to:
Gecko'z South Sea Arts
Kaneohe HI 96744

kidd'n

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 11:37 pm   Permalink

Nice chit mang!
I'll get around to posting my "bored at work, hey what can I carve into a block of etha foam" tikis sometime soon.

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation