FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Trader Vic's - Atlanta, GA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Vic's - Atlanta, GA (restaurant)
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 3:02 pm   Permalink

My wife, her boss and I went to this surviving Tiki temple a couple of nights ago. I knew it was old but we were all surprised at the clean décor (good maintenance all these years - no dust) and the timeless class of the restaurant. Of course mostly windowless and the layout made it semi-private where ever one sat to eat. It was late on a Wednesday night and still crowded. My wife's boss started telling us how some newer tiki establishments closed in the L.A. area and I had to explain to him, before we got to Atlanta's Trader Vic's, the basic important principles of a good Tiki venue, like semi privacy, no windows, darkness, sure enough this old classic Trader Vic's had all this, and this is why it survives all these years in a place far from the Pacific. Had a great time even though they were short staffed and everything took long to order or to cook. But pasted the time with our So Cal friend and his stories of the tiki places his parents used to take him as a young man. Now with his young daughters and trips to Disney's Tiki Room, the eldest has a bedroom with a Polynesian décor. At that moment, before the main courses came and while sipping his Mai Tai, he got it, he put 2 and 2 and 2 together and he now understands the Tiki Style and the Tiki allure like we all do. We have another convert. Here are some pics.

Some booty from my visit

Sorry don't know when I'll ever fix my camera phone, got to use selfie camera in darks rooms.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LitClique
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-22 10:09 pm   Permalink

I've got a date (ahem, by myself) with TV's ATL in exactly six weeks. How excited I am!

View Profile of LitClique Send a personal message to LitClique      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-25 06:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

They updated the elevator Tikis. Good. The painted ones that were there were a bit off-putting.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-26 8:25 pm   Permalink

Pushing this elevator button always gives my wife and I a big thrill...

...as we know where we'll be when those elevator doors open next!

One of our favorite places to go. Just wish it were closer!

Quote:

On 2014-08-22 22:09, LitClique wrote:
I've got a date (ahem, by myself) with TV's ATL in exactly six weeks. How excited I am!

Same here. Mid October we've got bedroom accomodations on Amtrak's Sunset Limited and Crescent trains all the way to New York. But we're stopping over in Atlanta for 2 nights just to go to Vic's. Can't wait!

[ This Message was edited by: PremEx 2014-08-26 20:30 ]

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation