FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events CANCELLED, Jimmy Buffett show, Irvine 09/26/03
CANCELLED, Jimmy Buffett show, Irvine 09/26/03
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 10:59 am   Permalink

Just in case any of my fellow Tiki fans were planning on hitting the Buffet show this Saturday in Irvine, I thought I'd save you the drive & disappointment: Update from Margaritaville.com: Due to the critical nature of his mother's illness, Jimmy Buffett is immediately returning to Alabama to be at her side. Regrettably, both tonight's concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mtn. View, CA and Saturday's at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, CA have been cancelled. Jimmy trusts that his fans will understand. Refunds will be available at point of purchase.

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 12:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update Bob.
By the way, welcome to TIKI Central.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 1:48 pm   Permalink

Does this mean I should stop bombarding his 800 number with calls that he should pay Trader Vic for the use of Tiki Time?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 2:12 pm   Permalink

No, You should probably keep calling. A cancelled show has no relation to the need to pay Trader Vic for the use of "Tiki Time". =)

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-09-26 8:09 pm   Permalink

Oh Shit! Man, I had front row tickets for Jimmy Buff-it. Now tiki means nothing to me. I mean 'JB' IS tiki. When the ancient Polynesians thought 'Tiki', the folklore goes, they envisioned a hoale God idolized by mullets.

(Where's the nightshade?)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-26 9:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-26 10:59, Bamboo Bob wrote:
Just in case any of my fellow Tiki fans were planning on hitting the Buffet show this Saturday in Irvine...

Can I see a show of hands of all others besides Tiki_Bong that were going to be attending?
Maybe we could organize a last minute Tiki Crawl to Margaritaville to drown our sorrows. Whats that "Buff-it" 800 number?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 09:04 am   Permalink

I like J.B. One of the few, and I don't care what other people think. So there!!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 12:51 pm   Permalink

I like him and was able to get to the San Diego show. Lots of huge tikis, hula girls, and even a fire dancer. As always, I had a blast. The people you meet there are so nice, when you park at a J.B. concert you are sure to make some new friends. I DID have tickets for Irvine but I heard his Mom passed away. I also don't care what others think and I know there are plenty of respected TC members who are fans too. It'll be a long wait until next year

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-28 8:56 pm   Permalink

Anyone wana buy 1,000 "Tiki Time" signs???

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-28 9:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben I thought that lady from Blue Sea Intl. tried to claim that "Tiki Time", remember?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation