FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 09:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-20 21:50, Jungle Trader wrote:
Braddah Octane,
PM me if you want to sell the Moai.

And here I was hoping to be first to put a request in for this amazing looking Moai. If he is sold would it be possible to discuss obtaining another from you?

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 7:18 pm   Permalink

well here is a new guy i have been carving the last few days. I wanted a differnt look so i carved him like he was sitting on his butt with his knees to his chest and his arms around his legs.

He is made of California Walnut, it is a blank for a pepper mill. right now he is only rough sanded and there are a few more detail to add.

the pictures are not great and the color of the wood is light and makes it hard to see. once the first coat of clear goes on the pictures should be better to see.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 7:24 pm   Permalink

5 fingers and 5 toes? sheesh!! Octane's tikis are bootyful.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 10:01 pm   Permalink

Nice detail on the hands & toes. So that's what you do when you're not wasting time studying and writing papers!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 08:23 am   Permalink

Looks great. I really like the toes. Just did some pens out of Black Walnut and they came out beautiful. Once the clear coat goes on the wood takes on a new life.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 09:55 am   Permalink

Nice detail, and yeah, I can't wait to see how the woodgrain pops when you finish it.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 2:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks Fez Ape for the compliments on the Moai.
Thanks Jungle, AlohaStation, and Raffertiki for all you kind words.

here is the guy with his first coat of clear. the color is dramatically different after sanding and after clear coat.

I will add some close ups so you can see the feet, hands and teeth, hope they come out OK, so you can see the knuckles, nails, etc.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 4:07 pm   Permalink

Many that is sweet looking with the clear coat... really brings out the detail in the teeth, hands and feet! Awesome job Octane!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 6:48 pm   Permalink

OCTANE< you are really raising the bar, This guy is Awesome, Really Awesome. Man you Have to be proud of this guy.
Really love the Moai in the background of that backside shot too!
You are really carving some Nice tikis these days, way to go.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 7:05 pm   Permalink

Way ta go, Octane. Great design and finish too.

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 9:55 pm   Permalink

Unbelievable! Amazing detail.

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 2:18 pm   Permalink

Fantastic work! I love his lil toes

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 08:27 am   Permalink

Love the toes...he should be able to pick up things with his toes as easily as his hands. Great detail work. Congrats.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 04:22 am   Permalink

Cool design, awesome detail on it. The lick of lacquer really brings out the colour in the wood.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 04:35 am   Permalink

Aloha octain!!!!!!!!!
Super cool tiki my friend. I love the detail and the clean lines, keep them coming, aloha, mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation