FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 )
octane (spring break carvings) 3/26/06
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 12:16 pm   Permalink

thank you Ben, fez ape, sam gambino, tikitikiboom,tikitammy,Hewey, Mooneytiki for all the props.

Sorry i have not been on in a long time, school and work is eating up too much of my time. hopfully i can carve more, as right now it's like months between carvings. well i did manage to carve a bit over spring break.

this guy i'm having troublewith the polyurthane setting up. i think the wood has too much oil in it or something, because the poly seems a little tacky still.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 12:17 pm   Permalink

He's back..Where you been, man?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 2:23 pm   Permalink

Octane, Welcome back. REally Nice stuff, I'm really impressed, really sweet!The poly thing is possibly the cool temp, when poly's Will Not setup. That or a second coat was applied before the first coat dried. Nice wood on the tacky one.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 6:02 pm   Permalink

Good to have you post your new stuff Octane...very cool. We don't get to peep into your mind
very often...but it's great when we do. Keep em coming.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 6:17 pm   Permalink

I'm new since you posted last and I'm glad that you are back. Nice thread.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 7:37 pm   Permalink

OC-tane.

Stuff's still phresh, braddah.

Hope all is well. Thanks for the looks.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 05:05 am   Permalink

I was fix'in to post a "where's Octane?" thread. Glad to see you back and in form. Really nice carvings—as usual.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 7:40 pm   Permalink

thanks Ben, the wood on the guy that was still tacky is cocobolo (sp?).

Thank BK, that damn school and work keeps the chisels in the work bench.

thanks congatiki, JohnnyP, and Pablus.

thanks foamy, i had not realized i had been gone for so long, then i saw that my page was like on page 12 or something.

hopefully i can carve more and hang out on TC again.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 10:54 pm   Permalink

Dig it!
Octane, you never want to sell. I'd like to talk you out of that tiki in the second to last image. Dig?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-05 6:15 pm   Permalink

Wow! Holy Crap ! where did this guy come from? My God man, your carvings are off the hook!Way to go!!I dig all of them. You are blessed.Nice work!

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 7:33 pm   Permalink

Nice, love those carvings. Especially the dark stain.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 8:20 pm   Permalink

Octane,

You around? Watcha got goin? I love this stuff!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 04:36 am   Permalink

Nice work. Where you gone, fella..?

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 10:54 pm   Permalink

Bumping bruddah Octane up for a look see...

A shame so much of his early work is missing, a very talented carver.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 09:47 am   Permalink

Whoa....this is a tasty way to start the day. Some major eye candy here.....delicious!

I really wished those early pictures were still around as well.

Thanks for bumping this up.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation