FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Jungle's Outpost
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
Jungle's Outpost
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-23 11:03 am   Permalink

You must be in Hog Heaven. Those look realy good JT, I guess this is why we haven't seen much from you for awhile. Keep postin the pix.
Another good source for Palms..Golf courses.When their palms start to look bad they trash them and I guarrantee every course has a trash pile by their maint bldgs and they would love to have you take the palms. Check it out.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 11:11 am   Permalink

The latest for Whanga Rei Bar & Grill

His right arm was hit by a car when he was laying down for a nap, it also damaged his mouth area. Drunks probably thought it was a parking barrier and tried to run over him. I had to cut a new arm and attach it with screws.
BTW, all the tikis outside are for sale, and inside all but 2.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 2:15 pm   Permalink

Jungle doctor, That is the BEST one yet. Is that the one I helped you with? It must be because it is just Too dam good. hahahaha
Seriously, this one is very good, and the patch job is very good. I'm sure Any Tiki Doctor would be proud of this guy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

JT...ever resourceful. It looks great - I love the contrast, very nice job.

You should find that "don't tip the tiki sign" (or whatever it was) that's floating around on TC to warn other drunks...

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-08-15 16:22 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 4:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys.
He had knees and feet too but one was damaged in the accident, so I cut them both off.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 1:42 pm   Permalink

jt. this is your best work to date!!! keep it up bruddah. i can't wait to see it in person.

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat on 2004-08-16 13:43 ]

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 2:09 pm   Permalink

Nice, JT. I love seeing the progression - they just got better and better. I hope mine go the same way. That last one blows away all of the predecessors. Not that they were lacking... But really, this last one is "Da Kine". Post more to keep us inspired!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 10:07 pm   Permalink

Hey DR JungleTrader,
You did such a amazing job on that tiki I was wondering do you make house calls? I have a hangnail I need removed. Can you help a braddah out?

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 05:51 am   Permalink

Hey chongo, I WANT to fix your HangNail, I got the tools.
Raffertiki, the patch job looks even better after you explained the extent of damage. I can see the outline of where the legs and feet were. Too badthe careless driver did that to your masterpiece. I'm sure the next one willbe even Better yet.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 2:12 pm   Permalink

That last one is crazy JT!
I love it.
Can't wait to come up there and check them out in person.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 4:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks again everybody.
Hey Aaron's Akua, you're right though about progression, evolution. Practice really does pay off. practice, practice, practice, carve, carve, carve. I get more confident everyday and the work gets better. And honestly I do appreciate constructive criticism, it helps me look at it differently. The hardest thing is getting a 3 dimensional look. It's easy carving flat. I'd like to get to a point where I'm using the entire piece, not just the top few inches. practice, practice, practice. cut deep, go deep.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 2:15 pm   Permalink

JT - I think you're right, gotta go deep. I get only about 2 or so hours of carving time a week, so I've got plenty of time to ponder this stuff. The tiki gods have frowned upon me and burdened me with a mortgage to pay, yard work, and taking care of my lovely wife who "conveniently" broke her leg so I would have to do all of the chores.

Where the heck is Turlock, anyway?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 9:10 pm   Permalink

Aaron's Akua, Turlock is 1 1/2 hr. drive directly east of San Fran Cisco. I remember Rancho Santa Margarita. Near Escape Country? I remember taking pics of a wet t-shirt contest down there back in the daze. 1 girl didn't want to lose....she took it all off....and won. Still have the pics.

Here's 2 more I just finished. Tikicleen and Drunken Hat have a new addition to their family. Happy Bithday Cleen.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-08-20 21:11 ]

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 9:44 pm   Permalink

those last three are looking really good, its unfortate that the one guy became of vivtum of a drunk hit and run.

you better keep these 2 new ones away from those drunk tiki maimers. In my mind hitting a tiki with a car show but a federal offense.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 6:42 pm   Permalink

My newest. This is a limited edition of 1, bidding starts at 2000 clams. If you come to the Central Valley Mini Crawl...you'll get to touch The Beast.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation