FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle event: Wednesday, October 29 @ 'Ohana!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Seattle event: Wednesday, October 29 @ 'Ohana!
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 4:40 pm   Permalink

The more the merrier! I'm hoping some lurkers may come out of the woodwork to come play with us. You hear that lurkers? You're officially invited. Feel free to use this as your impetus to delurk.

Woofmutt, I was clear that we're meeting at 'Ohana & not Tiki Bob's Cantina, yes?

On the subject of finding oneself engaging in trashy bar activities despite many protests that such a thing would never happen, I submit the following from last Thursday:

Classy, no. Worth experiencing at least once? Hell yes. (My arm is still killing me.)

p.s -- There's some slack-key guy named Makana playing for free tonight at Liquid Lounge at 8:30. Don't know if he's any good, I suspect it's more modern stuff which I tend to like less than the traditional stuff, but I'm going to check it out.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-10-20 16:42 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 5:03 pm   Permalink

<<guess who won the contest...>>
Wow! I'm putting you at the top of the list as our candidate then, Pea! I did some mini research on the people on our list and would like to extend the wet t-shirt contest to James and Selector Lopaka as well!

I will eventually need to learn everyone's first names. This could be worth knowing (for someone not in the know). You can call me Sandra, or if feeling more intimate, Riff.

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat on 2003-10-20 20:45 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 5:09 pm   Permalink

Great pic!!!! ::: sliding HumuHumu into #2 position behind Pea :::

I did that once years ago--wish I had a pic--it was a blast! Did it back in the days when the Urban Cowboy soundtrack was big (and still on 8 track) and we were in a bar somewhere in either Eastern WA or Idaho...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 5:10 pm   Permalink

Puamana is all wo-man! Re: names -- I suspect that sweetpea's own mother has probably forgotten her real name, and when I'm at a tiki event, it's Humuhumu all the way (and say it like you mean it).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 5:30 pm   Permalink

Yup, I am the Pea all the way.
hahahahahahaha
YAY, I'm still #1, but my friend with the Photos promised NEVER to actually print them on paper, so I should be somewhat safe. heehee.
Humu, was that in Fremont? at the Ballroom, or whatever it's called? I was considering going... Every year in Vegas we go to Gilleys, and I start drinkin,and threaten to ride that dern Bull, but I've always been too much of a chicken. Plus I'm always in a skirt, and if I go flyin, I might show everyone my drawers...(although, I've already shown the top part, hmmmmmmmmm.)
NO TIKI BOBS! hahahahahahha at least I know that much!
How about LUAU!?
oh wait, this means I'll be gettin way too hammered on a schoolnight...
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sweetpea0821/lst?.dir=/Tiki+Crawl+Feb+2001&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/
We are meeting at 6 pm, right?
I'll see you kids there!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 5:37 pm   Permalink

Pea, those pics are darling! They belong on your Friendster profile. Yah, that was at Ballroom -- chock full o' meatheads as usual, but I'd never seen a mechanical bull, and it's just a few block from my place, so I figured what the heck. You should totally do it in Vegas, tho. But do arm stretches first!!!!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 10:28 pm   Permalink

Okay, this soooooooooooooooooooo
needed to come back up to the top, cause it's just a few days away. Oh, and Pea has been drinkin. yeah, 80's theme wedding I just got back from... Yup, my friends and I are officially the OLD PEOPLE THAT CANT DANCE, ya know the ones I mad fun of when I was in my 20's . argh. Gimme partner dancin, I can do it, swing, waltz, salsa, but put on some Depece Mode, or Tones on Tail or Yaz... and try and dance the way ya used to? FUGGGGGIDABOUTIT...
See ya'll WEd....

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-28 09:57 am   Permalink

Okay, so I'm not positive I'm gonna make it tomorrow. I was very excited about it, and normally I'm not a canceller.... however, my kitty (my child) that I've had for 14 years is very sick. been in the kitty hospital since friday. I'm taking him home today at lunchtime, and makin him as comfy as possible, but the vet thinks he's NOT gonna git any better. I plan on being with him as much as possible, so if ya dont' see me, that's why. I may try to stop by for a quickie drinkie ( I may need it...) but I probably won't be up for the whole nights festivities. Fooooooooooooooooooey.
Pea

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-28 2:47 pm   Permalink

Bad news about the cat, and bad news about you not being there as I was planning on recognizing you so I'd know who the crowd was...Unless Humuhumu is bringing her mechanical bull...

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-28 4:16 pm   Permalink

woof, what time were you planning on getting there. I may make if from 6-7 or something, just don't wanna stay out late.

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-28 11:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-20 17:03, Exoticat wrote:
and would like to extend the wet t-shirt contest to James and Selector Lopaka as well!

Hey Cat, I haven't read this thread at all until tonight - I have been in Cleveland and then Nashville and then Mississippi, and now Seattle on sundry errands of work and play and family stuff... thanks for the invite to get my wifebeater wet, but I gurantee you you don't want to see my breasteses all soggy and stuff. It's bad enough when I spill Zombie all over my bad self. Frankly,I've been on stage enouh this summer. Can I be a judge instead? I have my own little cards with numbers on them and everything.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 12:29 am   Permalink

SWEETPEA!! You must go! I'm driving 60 miles just to meet you!

Sorry about your kitty. I have two so know how you feel. The second cat just showed up here about a year ago, realized it could have its own lounge chair in the backyard and never left. ha

I've had a picture of her uploaded for over a year...let me find it:

(p.s. All Huskies reading this, please ignore the Husky tattoo on the mouse in her mouth)... snerk

I got her a WSU collar a month ago because she's that lovely shade of gray and needed a little crimson.

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 12:37 am   Permalink

<<Can I be a judge instead?>>
Well, it's too soon for me to be The Boss Of You since we haven't met, soooo...ok. heh heh heh

I keep getting sidetracked. I came to this thread to mention that I have a girlfriend that is going to join us around 8:00ish or so. She may bring her hubby too, but we'll have to wait and see if he makes it or not. She's going to wear a tiki dress and really wants to meet the Tiki people!

Well, I'll be seeing you all VERY SOON!!

Ciao!

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 10:34 am   Permalink

I'll be there. I NEEEEEED a drink.
not gonna be fancied up, just a hawaiian shirt. Didn't sleep last night. Stayed up with the kitty, but sadly he went to the vet this morning, and now resides where the catnip is plentiful, and the litter box is always clean.

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 01:46 am   Permalink

Let me be the first one to post and say thanks to everyone for a really great time at OHANA on Wednesday night! We all enjoyed good food and drinks, and most importantly, great company! Thanks for making me and my friend (Modkitty) feel so welcome. I'm sure we'll all be doing something again soon! Meanwhile, here's a group shot. Sweetpea is missing from this pic--she had to leave early.

Modkitty and I had to head home after Ohana, so I hope someone gives me the scoop on the rest of the evening and the fun shared at The Islander. Mahalo.

p.s. I hope the Southern Cal Hoity Toitys take good care of our Humuhumu...we will miss her!!

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat on 2003-10-30 01:47 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation