FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tikis By Seamus - concrete Tikis galore! NEW Pics Pg 9
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-30 3:44 pm   Permalink

Howdy Folks,
Here's my two-bits worth. I've been making Tikis for about 6 years now. After a few carvings, I started sculpting with concrete and making molds so I could reproduce the models I liked. When casting the bigger ones I make them hollow so they are affordable to ship. Most of what you see here is available for sale. You can Email me directly, or get more information at my website...
http://www.tikisbyseamus.com
Cheers!

The Moais (21" tall)...

These were patterned after the mug from the Outrigger (16")...

I call this little 9" guy 'Kapu',

This is JuJu (21")

Occaisionally I make lamps...

and birdbaths too!

Here's a new one (2ft tall)...

This is a recent 3 foot tall Spitting Fountain...

I also do a variety of framed plaques and signs.

I made her too, but she's not for sale...

[ This Message was edited by: seamus 2007-03-13 10:05 ]

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-30 7:49 pm   Permalink

Let me be the first to say what a true Tiki Arteest Seamus is, I have 2 of his plaques and am very happy with them. Thanks again Seamus!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-01 2:55 pm   Permalink

And I'll be the second to say how much I love Seamus' tikis. I just got my second one last Friday and it's mighty zaz. Can't wait to finish out his new home on the "tiki mantle cove". I also have one of the plaques and it's almost as zaz-tacular.

Got any of those 21" moais for sale??? Those are sweet.

I'm curious about how many of each style you produce.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-01 3:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dawn and Tiki-bot, I truly appreciate the kind words, and especially the repeat business!
Yes I've got Moais for sale, Email me anytime and let me know what you want.
I'm guessing that my molds will do around a hundred or so, before they give out. Once the molds have given up, I plan on discontinuing that item and moving on with new designs. I will probably go with a numbered limited edition on my next model. I'm not really looking to get into the wholesale business, and people seem to like that approach, so I don't see any reason why that shouldn't work.

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-07 8:29 pm   Permalink

I just bought three "Tikis by Seamus" tikis, and I wanted to chime in and say they are beautiful and if you don't have any you are really missing out. They look even better in person than they do in the photos, and the photos look pretty damn good.

I bought a brown Kapu, a grey Ranui, and a green Monterey. I have a big picture window looking out over some tropical plants in front, and I wanted small outdoor tikis to sit in the foliage and face inside the house. The Kapu and Ranui are the perfect size for this, and now my cats look like they are worshipping tikis instead of lazing in the sun.

The larger Monterey is going to go poolside. I'm really impressed by these tikis, and plan to add more of Seamus' work to my collection soon.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Check out Seamus' work here:

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-07 10:36 pm   Permalink

Okay Seamus, how much did you pay Muggler for that promo?
Seriously, I also have 2 of his "stoners" and I like 'em alot, very cool stuff. Nice work Seamus.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 11:00 am   Permalink

Quote:
Okay Seamus, how much did you pay Muggler for that promo?

Not as much as I paid you and thats the best you could come up with?

Seriously, thanks guys. The coastal storms have been kicking up lately and it's turned dark, wet and cold. Your kind words are appreciated. It keeps the concrete flowing!

GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 01:14 am   Permalink

DAM! I wish i knew how to do those bird baths!! those would sell good here on Hawaii.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 10:50 am   Permalink

More pics.

[ This Message was edited by: seamus on 2003-11-06 10:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: seamus 2006-07-14 11:10 ]

Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-06 11:29 am   Permalink

Seamus,
Nice work, dude! Those Moai heads are way cool! Are they concrete?

Tiki Mon
www.tikimon.net

View Profile of Tiki Mon Send a personal message to Tiki Mon  Email Tiki Mon Goto the website of Tiki Mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 12:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Mon. Kudos to you as well- you got a nice site too.
Yeah, I work primarily with concrete. At almost 2ft. tall those Moais are a little heavy (30lbs or so), but once it's in the yard, it aint gonna rot! I make the big ones hollow to reduce the shipping cost.

I started out carving a little, but thought I'd try something different.
Keep up the good work!
Seamus

[ This Message was edited by: seamus 2006-07-14 10:50 ]

Tiki Mon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-06 1:57 pm   Permalink

Do you make fountain tikis? If so, I'll refer potential buyers to you. I get occasional inquiries.

I've always wanted to get into molded tikis...partially because of the production and special effect capability... and partially to hedge my bets against old age. Some of these palmwood logs are extremely heavy until the cure out. Did you make your molds in fiberglass or what?

Tiki Mon

View Profile of Tiki Mon Send a personal message to Tiki Mon  Email Tiki Mon Goto the website of Tiki Mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 2:33 pm   Permalink

Yeah, fountains, birdbaths, fireplaces, ponds, youname it. I've even got a funky volcano in my back yard! My favorites are the spitting Moais. All you need is a small pond or water feature and a small pump, and they hook right up. I've built small water pools to go with them too, but it's just one more item to ship.
After much experimentation, I settled on rubber molds. They seem to work fine for most applications, but do have a shorter lifespan w/ concrete.

TikisbySeamus.com

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 2:42 pm   Permalink

Seamus,
I saw some of your stuff in Vegas at the Red Rooster. It was really nice, but wouldn't fit in my carry-on. I thought you might like to see a pic of an old concrete tiki fountain. This one is stillin use at the Best Western Tahitian Resort in Holiday, Florida near Tarpon Springs. (Sorry the picture is kind of small.) I love this fountain and it's very much in keeping with the stuff your doing.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 2:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-06 14:42, Kailuageoff wrote:
This one is stillin use at the Best Western Tahitian Resort in Holiday, Florida near Tarpon Springs. (Sorry the picture is kind of small.)

I've got a bigger picture of this fountain over here:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3191&forum=1

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation