FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room souvenier question
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room souvenier question
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-03 1:30 pm   Permalink

My friend is going to Disney in Calif. soon and he said he will go to the Enchanted Tiki Room for me and get me a souvenier. I have never been there so I don't know what type of souvenier to request. I would prefer a mug if they sell them, since I have a zillion T shirts. What do my fellow TC'ers recommend? Do they even sell souveniers from the ETR? Mugs? Thanks!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-03 2:17 pm   Permalink

Hey there,
Normally, There are really not too many Enchanted Tiki room items. However, the Tiki Room is currently celebrating its' 40th anniversary. You may still be able to find a few of the special event items at the Disneyana shop (on main street). My guess is that most if not all, are already sold out. They did have mugs, Aloha Shirts, purses & limited edition serigraphs, etc. You may be able to still pick up the $15 mini Tiki room print by Shag, a puzzle, pin or shirt. Good luck & aloha.

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-03 2:35 pm   Permalink

I also believe that there will be a non-limited edition tiki pole mug as well.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-03 5:36 pm   Permalink

I'm going to Disney in Orlando next week so with some luck I may score some cool stuff. Everyone send their good tiki vibes my way. I'll post a full report when I get back.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-03 7:26 pm   Permalink

Over by "It's a Small World (after all)" I was looking at the pins Disney sells. I found an "Enchanted Tiki Room" pin. I really liked it and I thought it was a nice representation of the classic tiki room.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-10-03 7:27 pm   Permalink

In the Disney Gallery (climb the stairs to the second floor in the building that hours the entrance to Pirates of the Carribean) they have many collectables. You can get a mini version of the ETR attraction poster for 35 dollars, matted (they may have more than one style, too). They might have large versions of the poster, too. They may have more Tiki Room stuff there in that gallery, too. The employees in that gallery are top notch.

Also, if those are too expensive or sold out they have on-demand poster printing in Tomorrowland. The quality looks pretty good, but it's a printout; not sure how long it will last, and I can't remember the price.

I've not been to DL in a while .. anyone have more info on this poster place?
~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-04 09:19 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for the info, everyone! I am going to relay all this to my friend, so hopefully he will bring me back something cool.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-14 6:10 pm   Permalink

Just got back from Disney World in Orlando. I can tell you that they had absolutely nothing in the way of souvenirs or collectables for the Enchanted Tiki Room. The guy that worked the show said he's never seen them. I'll posting all the details in the next day or two.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gatorjwade
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-15 06:58 am   Permalink

Right about Tiki Room souvenirs at Disney World in Orlando. I was there a week or so ago with the family and asked... they said all they have is some of the stuffed birds in metal circles for sale near the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

View Profile of gatorjwade Send a personal message to gatorjwade  Email gatorjwade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Room Fan

Posted: 2003-10-15 3:50 pm   Permalink

There haven't been a lot of Tiki Room souvies over the years. Right now is a good time to pick up something in Disneyland, though.

The Shag items that are still available are: LE 300 Tiki Charm ($15), mini-print, note cards, mouse pad, puzzle, mug (a routine coffee mug with graphics), and ladies tee.

The pin that is available is a reproduction of the original attraction poster. It's very nice.

Print-on-demand is available at both the Gallery over Pirates of the Caribbean, and in Tomorrowland. You can get the Tiki poster in two sizes, and on canvas or paper. I recommend the large size on paper--should run around $40.

Happy hunting!

View Profile of Tiki Room Fan Send a personal message to Tiki Room Fan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 2:07 pm   Permalink

I got these a month or so ago when I was at Disney World in Orlando for work. I didn't have time to go to the parks (a super-big bummer), but found these at Downtown Disney in the HUGE Disney store. They had other accessories with drawn pictures of these types of mugs on them, like coasters (see other picture) & shirts. Also had some related plastic dishes & beachtowels that were pretty cute.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 2:37 pm   Permalink

Wow, those are really... weird.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 5:10 pm   Permalink

LOL... why do these remind me of Jerry Lewis?

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-19 6:01 pm   Permalink

Damn!! I must have missed that shirt when I was there last week (if they even still had it). I saw those mugs but didn't buy any. I did pick up some goodies at the Polynesian Resort when I stopped by. I have a thread in Locating Tiki with some pics if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5863&forum=2&0

TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-20 10:02 am   Permalink

WELL! Guess what kind of souvenier my friend brought me back from the Tiki Room? NOTHING! NADA! ZERO! GOOSE EGG! NOT ONE STINKIN THING! And after all the instructions I gave him, thanks to my fellow TCers. I am seriously bummed and my friend has been groveling for forgiveness. Someday I will go there myself...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation