FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Keigs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Keigs
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:12 pm   Permalink

Here's one of the tikis Keigs carved (its one of the supports for our tiki hut) now residing in our backyard. There's more pics of this carving & the moai here:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5793&forum=7&0
Thanks so much again, Keigs !

[ This Message was edited by: puamana on 2003-10-08 19:58 ]

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 12:31 am   Permalink

Ken, you always have been, and still are, my HERO! This new stuff I've been seeing in this thread is completely fantastic and I Wish a million times that I had all kinds of extra money to shower you with for your wonderful carvings! You and your work are AWESOME!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 01:32 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone for the compliments and very kind words. Even though it is after 12:00 at night your compliments are very inspiring. It makes me want to go out and see what else I can create but I dont think the neighbors would like it if I did. Puamana thanks for posting pics your hut and backyard are amazing. Tiki Lee thanks alot you made my night. Hope this doesn't sound to sappy Im just glad to be back and doing what I enjoy instead of working on that damn pipeline .

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-10-12 9:05 pm   Permalink

keep on carvin', i hope you can do it full time, i'd love to see what you'd pump out. I recently found a witco tiki about 3 ft tall, which i'm in the process of trying to trade one of mine for, cause the owner doesn't know what he gots. That bar is my favorite! go out, carve, carve, carve bruddah!!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 11:20 pm   Permalink

Keigs- I also feel that you are one of the best carvers goin. I swear to god that this week I am finally going to get the dimensions to you for the trio of tiki masks I mentioned so many times. I love the shelf I got from you and also have another project I will run by you when I get the ask dimensions.

The stuff I'm seeing on this post simply rules.. great work

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 12:37 am   Permalink

Keigs keep da chain saw and get rid of da day job. I know If i lived on da mainland I wouldn't be workin 2 jobs. Hawaii is a lil'mo expensive! good work.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more pictures. The first one is on ebay here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=553&item=2867832864

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 on 2003-11-03 22:44 ]

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 2:41 pm   Permalink

Hope you don't mind me posting pics of your work, Ken. I am so proud to own them, though.

The first one I bought....

The second is my 40th birtday present from the wonderful Mrs. Pineapple.

Now I want to have you carve a tiki to cover the front of our brick mantle/fire box. Let's talk next year...

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-07 3:19 pm   Permalink

I don't suppose you're going to be carving/selling some more tiki shelves anytime soon?
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 5:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki-Bot thanks for posting pics. I forget who all I have sold to so it is nice to see who has my art and how it looks. Happy 40th b-day glad you are happy with the totem. Andrew- Email me we can talk size and price k.pleasantjr@verizon.net .

keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-04 10:42 pm   Permalink

I have wanted to do some mosaics for a long time. I thought and still think they are a very very cool. I also wondered why more people have not done them. Now I know why. I started with about the most basic tiki face possible last night at 8:00pm I stayed up until 4:00am because I had set a goal to at least get all the little tiles glued to the paper I had to fulfill my goal. Not knowing this would take 8 hours of backbreaking work from bending over the table all night. I inlaid it cedar today with the help of a router. I still have some brushing and a little more grouting to do but here is what I got so far. Again this is my first one so dont laugh. My wife says it looks like a serving tray which is not really the look I was going for. Oh well here it is

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 on 2003-12-04 22:43 ]

keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-03 9:29 pm   Permalink

Here are a few things I have been working on lately
4ft masks
bar stools
older island girl

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-03 9:51 pm   Permalink

Kiegs, you're a baaaaaaaad motherfucker. Period. You're coming to Hukilau this year, you know that, right? You'll sell everything you bring.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-03 10:31 pm   Permalink

Ken,
Those masks look awesome. I got to get one!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-03 10:38 pm   Permalink

I second what BK said!!! Here are my 2 Keigs Creations. Thanks Ken

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-01-04 00:18 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation