FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TiKi tOny's paintings & carvings 11/04
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
TiKi tOny's paintings & carvings 11/04
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-10-07 9:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha Friends, Here's 7 paintings that I painted for Hukilau. I've had a couple e-mails asking about the paintings, so I'd thought others may be interested. Thanks for looking, hope you like 'em.

"Kon-Tiki" 24"x12" sold

"Campy in Butano" 24"x12" sold

"Tongaroa and Hiva in search of Papua" 12"x20" sold

"Bumatay" 24"x12" sold

"Birds Birds" 20"x24" sold

"Rapa Nui" 20"x24" sold

"Aloha" 12"x24" sold

All paintings are acrylic paint on masonite (composite wood) board about half inch thick.

This is the painting in Otto's Tiki Art Now show at the shooting gallery in SF.
http://www.shootinggallerysf.com

Here's some of carvings.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitony on 2005-03-12 11:03 ]

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-07 9:54 pm   Permalink

Thats some very cool stuff. I like your style.

Flounder

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-10-07 10:23 pm   Permalink

whoa flounderart! Coming from you, that sure is a compliment. You're the master of canvas, or should I say burlap! tanks a lot

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 06:24 am   Permalink

I LOVE THOSE!
They are very well done. I like the way you have the palm trees incorporated into the edge of the paintings. I can see you illustrating books with this style. They each have a story going on.

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:09 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 06:46 am   Permalink

I want to see some sexy hula girls and maybe Pele in these!

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:09 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 10:46 am   Permalink

Ta-ta_Tony! Hey now,lookin' good . I wanna OG (block) before the new line debuts. Heading your way next week.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 10:53 am   Permalink

I dig these drawings! You have a very unique graphic style. Very cool!

I would love to collect these as postcards, (partially because that's all I could afford right now).

-Slacks

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 4:02 pm   Permalink

Great work, very whimsical. Your style reminds me a bit of Ronald Searle but is totally unique.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 6:30 pm   Permalink

These are wonderful. They actually remind me of Edward Gorey (on a tropical vaction) minus the woeful captions. Very clever, indeed.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 9:21 pm   Permalink

that is some great drawing tony, you are skilled with the chisel as well as the pen. great work

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 9:36 pm   Permalink

Very cool TT. Great stuff.

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-10-08 10:45 pm   Permalink

i'm about ready to wet myself, tanks everybody. Chiki Tiki, Give me a call again and stop by, I'll be out back carving as usual. Post cards, i'm on it! But I think I'll leave the corporation out of my pocket and have them printed somewheres myself... (i'll probably end up using Cafe tho')

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 08:52 am   Permalink

Very, very cool! Imagine a bunch of these on a aloha style shirt... that would be hot! I like the postcard idea too, or even greeting cards...

You've got some great tallent there Tiki Tony!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 3:15 pm   Permalink

You're right! They'd be great for a pattern on fabric!

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:12 ]

SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-10 4:25 pm   Permalink

These are great pictures. I liked the idea of tiles and the idea of post cards. Keep posting new pics for us to see!!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation