FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rain's amazing tiki art
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Rain's amazing tiki art
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 3:01 pm   Permalink

man, you guys would make a great PR group.
i'd be thrilled to actually do a real mug. bk's hale tiki mug is looking great - i'm jealous.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 3:01 pm   Permalink

hey muggler - did you ever get a photo of the family portrait?

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 8:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-21 15:01, Rain wrote:
hey muggler - did you ever get a photo of the family portrait?

Yes, but I took the stills with my video camera and the lighting was awful so they came out crappy. In person the painting looks great, and the differences between light and dark areas are more subtle than the photo. Also, the whole piece is darker than it appears in these photos. I'll try to take a decent picture of it next week.

and a detail:

My wife gave me this "family portrait" for Father's Day. It now hangs in my office, which is slowly being tiki'd out. I'll post pics of the whole office when I'm done.

[ This Message was edited by: TheMuggler on 2003-10-21 20:06 ]

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 12:31 am   Permalink

yoink

[ This Message was edited by: rain on 2003-12-19 06:19 ]

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-19 06:20 am   Permalink

mary axe ms.

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 12:47 pm   Permalink

So I decided to try out this Cafe Shops thing and support mindless consumerism. Unfortunately, with the free shop, you can only have one of each type of item - meaning only one white tshirt, one grey tshirt, etc... But I'm willing to try it out. I've only got like 3 or 4 tiki things on it right now, but if anyone wants to check it out, it is:
http://cafeshops.com/amagumopress

hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 2:44 pm   Permalink

Rain,

With Cafe Press, you can have more than one "shop" controlled from your control panel. So create a shop for each peice of art you have. That's what I did.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 3:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-13 14:44, hanford_lemoore wrote:
...That's what I did.

ahhhhh... crafty! thanks - i may try that.

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-13 7:22 pm   Permalink

You can list them like this to get them to ALL show on one page:

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=shop,shop1,shop2,shop3,shop4,shop5,shop6,shop7,shop8,shop9

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 7:51 pm   Permalink

How come all I see is little boxes with a red X in them?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 7:55 pm   Permalink

thanks, SES.
Benzart - I recently switched web hosts and ditched my old website, so all those links are now dead. i will get some stuff back up soon. (hopefully better than that old crap, too.)

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 9:04 pm   Permalink

ant wait,,Hurry up already.

well???
Thnx Benzart

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 11:42 pm   Permalink

nice...super nice...

Rain...what is your medium of choice?

sadly i can only see the first image on this thread...but i am diggin it...beautiful!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 2:33 pm   Permalink

benzart - see the first post in this thread - link added. more to come tonight and tomorrow, i promise.

k - i use acrylic almost exclusively. i did a still life with a mug from the mai kai today in oils, but i have much better control with the acrylics.

more old crap:

[ This Message was edited by: rain on 2004-01-16 09:07 ]

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-15 9:50 pm   Permalink

benzart - sorry to read about your back troubles - can't wait til your hands get back to work carving!
here is some old crap:

(i tried to even out some really bad photography with photoshop - some of the effects might be a little obvious.)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation