FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:08 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to share photos of the evolution of our backyard Bali Hai,
that came together this past summer. The tall tiki in the back corner was
carved by Edwin Germaine last summer. The support post tiki & moai are carved
by Keigs, and the tapa globes were a purchase from beachdude about a year
or two ago. We worked with some amazing & talented landscaper & carpenter friends
who knew what we were striving for, and they ran with it to create something even better
than we imagined.

[ This Message was edited by: puamana on 2003-10-08 19:15 ]

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:13 pm   Permalink

VERY cool.
Love the lofted roof and the big carved support.

Thanks for posting those pics.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:13 pm   Permalink

Too COOL for words!

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:09 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 7:27 pm   Permalink

Outstanding!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 8:22 pm   Permalink

I can dig it!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 9:03 pm   Permalink

AHA! Now we know who bought the one that Kiegs posted.
Very cool backyard. Great pics! What a difference!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 11:34 pm   Permalink

Uh, egad. I am getting moist...

em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Evil Mastermind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-09 01:15 am   Permalink

Holy craps! I am envious of your magic yard, that is a lush set up in many ways. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy it for years to come.

P.S. Los Angeles sucks because you have to be a millionaire to have a freakin yard.

View Profile of Evil Mastermind Send a personal message to Evil Mastermind  Email Evil Mastermind     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Evil Mastermind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-09 01:17 am   Permalink

By the way, your whole setup kind calls out for a Flintstone car to be parked nearby. Am I wrong?

View Profile of Evil Mastermind Send a personal message to Evil Mastermind  Email Evil Mastermind     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 02:08 am   Permalink

Puamana!

Fantastic! You & your friends did a great job! Now, a question for you that I'm pretty sure everyone would like to know, so I'll ask, but completely understand if you don't feel comfortable answering....

For those of us contemplating doing something similar for our backyard (PolyPop?), what would be the approximate total cost for doing a backyard conversion like yours and what amount of time did it take?

Those of us not talented enough to do it ourselves, have to plan a budget, so any info you wish to share would be helpful.

Again, great job, and I wish you many years of great backyard memories!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 04:49 am   Permalink

It helps to have carpenter and landscape pals that are totally into the project!

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:10 ]

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 06:46 am   Permalink

I am completely floored!!! That has to be the best backyard lounge ever!!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 08:31 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for the kind words, folks. Both Selector Lopaka and myself were fortunate that everyone involved was into the idea. It still cost a chunk of change (dipped into the home equity loan), but we did have some help to cut corners. We got all of the cedar wood for cost, as well as a break on the landscape materials / rates & carpentry rates (we did some of the grunt work and running around for materials). I had a notebook full of old postcards of tiki bars/restaurants that the builders referred to for the structure. The garden is irrigated, and the structure is wired both with sound & electricity. Our budget was $10k, and it took a little less than a month. Hopefully it will add to the property value of the house, but now I don' t think we could ever move & leave behind such an oasis in our back yard ! Here's a few more pics :

p.s. the Flintstone car is parked out front ( I wish !)

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-10-09 2:30 pm   Permalink

dats dope yo'

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 3:06 pm   Permalink

Take a night shot with torches! I'd love to see that.
It's really beautiful.

[ This Message was edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:11 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation