FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-29 08:24 am   Permalink

My God!!! That is truly beautiful work!!! Ya'll have done an amazing job and have inspired myself to improve my own surroundings!! Incredible work! Tell me if you need some tropical plants!Love to help fellow gardeners.
Mahalo
diesel tiki

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 08:50 am   Permalink

The yard and hut look amazing. Great job! Now if we could just have some of that stuff called warm weather. Hope to see it in person this summer.

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 1:23 pm   Permalink

Completely fabulous! Very inspiring - the big carvings really make it. I love the shot of the interior ceiling. Congratulations, what a perfect party spot!

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sassattack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-29 2:40 pm   Permalink

Awesome job! Is your banana tree (or any of the plants for that matter) still alive after all of our freezes so far this year?
Everything tropical in my yard here in Seattle is dead now.

View Profile of Sassattack Send a personal message to Sassattack  Email Sassattack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 3:15 pm   Permalink

Our banana tree looks very sad at the moment. We've been assured it will come back to life in the spring. I can't tell you the specific genus of the tree off the top of my head, but it's supposedly the most hearty. Everything else but the annuals is also supposed to survive our winter. Spring will reveal the truth. I can't wait.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-29 5:07 pm   Permalink

I have a relative in Oklahoma that has a banana tree in his yard, he babied that
plant every winter by putting a green house around it, then taking it down in the summer. He has gotten to old to build the green house anymore, since the tree has
no protection from the freezes in the
winter now the Banana tree dies back. But for 2 summers it has come back all on its own. It hasn't made any Bananas in a couple of seasons though.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2003-12-29 9:08 pm   Permalink

Absolutely beautiful! I can't imagine what your house must look like. I like the roof the way it is. The Harbor Hut in Morro Bay, CA has a thatch roof. Looks like thick stacks of reeds. The spiders seemed to like it too. Lotsa egg nests. Thanks for posting the pics.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-30 09:54 am   Permalink

I'll be right over! heehee, even if it snows... hmmm, warm mai tais?

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-31 10:20 am   Permalink

yup, it snowed, hope you guys got some cool photos of the tikis with snow on em!
heehee

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-31 10:58 am   Permalink

It did look cool around midnight last night, when it was still snowing, and really sticking to the tikis & bamboo. We were going to take some photos this morning, but alot of it had melted already. We're due for more snow on Saturday, so we'll try to get some photos then. Happy New Year !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sassattack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-12-31 1:13 pm   Permalink

Yes-please post photos of this masterpiece covered in snow!!! Although it is probably a bit sacrelig to have snow covering a tiki.
We may get more snow tonight, Sat, and Sun.

Happy New Tiki Year...

View Profile of Sassattack Send a personal message to Sassattack  Email Sassattack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-06 10:06 pm   Permalink

We got about 5" in our neighborhood today. It's supposed to be 20 degrees warmer tomorrow, and the rain has already started. So, this snow will be gone mighty soon. It certainly makes the dormant Backyard Bali Hai a bit more pleasing though.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 01:31 am   Permalink

The Moai with the snow moustache looks like one of the "Got Milk?" ads.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-07 09:16 am   Permalink

I've got a tiki that looks like that too out on my porch... 4 inches on his head... and he's freezing his ass off... we had a high temp of 8 degrees F yesterday... Very peaceful pictures... nice.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-07 3:56 pm   Permalink

Even with all that snow, I would enjoy a Mai Tai out there

View Profile of TikiBud Send a personal message to TikiBud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation