FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
Sassattack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-07 4:46 pm   Permalink

Okay Selector, can you give me a hint of where you live so that my stalking duties will be a bit easier. I live near Stan the Bamboo guy (if you know where he lives) in North Seattle.

View Profile of Sassattack Send a personal message to Sassattack  Email Sassattack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-08 07:18 am   Permalink

Beautiful!!! Even in the depths of winter!

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-14 8:02 pm   Permalink

Man oh man, what a nice place. That would be a great carving studio.
Great carvings also.
As I'm goin' thru these pages , I'm just seeing too much good stuff, don't know if I can handle it.
Envious

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-16 08:36 am   Permalink

growing up here in Kentucky my mom always had a bananna tree outside, but we always dug up the new sprouts at the end of summer and brought them in. The big tree always died, but the little ones grew inside all winter (in some light) and did fine the next year. I bought a little tree late in summer and brought it in, it's growing pretty quick in my sunroom.

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 7:25 pm   Permalink

As RevBambooBen said "A little pool acid goes a long way"..Here is an Example of coloration for a rooftop made from the same metal as yours.
Don't get me wrong, your whole back yard has Me and Many others drooling as it is but if you were going to change the color or look of the roof, there are ways besides thatch. This roof was painted and then chemically Aged.
thanks for getting us all drooled up,
Benzart

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 8:08 pm   Permalink

Well Puamana,
Regarding your question about raising the property value? A most definite, YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!
This will definitely go under on the,“Tiki Central's Masterpiece” archives.
I now have to get to my bar and start workin (no, not drinkin) on it some more, thanks to your inspiration.
Enjoy it !!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-03 09:40 am   Permalink

Well I just found this through a link in another thread and...OOH MY GOD! Your tiki hut is absolutely beautiful. The construction is awesome, the carvings are awesome, the lights are awesome, the plants are awesome...ah, hell, YOU'RE awesome!
Thanks for posting these pics, and special thanks to the TC member who posted the link to this thread.
I can't wait to see pics from this spring!
I'll bet your mai tais taste even better under that tiki hut!

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-03-03 09:41 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 7:43 pm   Permalink

I've had that #8 picture as my Desktop background since I been here I think. That is just too great .I'll keep lookin at it every day and maybe I'll get my yard done some day

Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:11 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the most recent responses y'all. Thanks for the roof treatment tips too. We also can't wait for spring back there. Things are stirring though. Bulbs are beginning to pop up, and our landscaper friends will be coming over soon for a post-winter assessment of the plant life. It's hard to tell what has survived. A mega-mulching will occur soon as well. We'll post more photos when the time is right.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:30 am   Permalink

Outta sight!! I am totally envious!

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-08 11:43 pm   Permalink

Wow, beautiful -- and right here in Seattle!

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-09 02:02 am   Permalink

how did i miss this thread for almost 9 months?? omgosh your yard is incredible! it absolutely reminds me of the bali hai grounds in san diego..

the tikis were carved by Fast Eddie, right?

did all your plants survive the winter? did you do anything special for the banana plant?

awesome..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 9:06 pm   Permalink

Just came across yer pics and...they brought a tear to my eye. Can I spend the night at yer house, I'll sleep in the backyard.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-25 2:53 pm   Permalink

So how does it look 1 yr later?

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 7:22 pm   Permalink

Here's a few shots of one year later in the Backyard Bali Hai, which includes the addition of a Witco "Big Joe" that we found last year at an antique mall north of Seattle. He was pretty weathered already, so we slapped a coat of sealer on him and put him outside next to some recently transplanted black bamboo.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation