FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Puamana & Selector Lopaka's backyard Bali Hai
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-09 08:31 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for the kind words, folks. Both Selector Lopaka and myself were fortunate that everyone involved was into the idea. It still cost a chunk of change (dipped into the home equity loan), but we did have some help to cut corners. We got all of the cedar wood for cost, as well as a break on the landscape materials / rates & carpentry rates (we did some of the grunt work and running around for materials). I had a notebook full of old postcards of tiki bars/restaurants that the builders referred to for the structure. The garden is irrigated, and the structure is wired both with sound & electricity. Our budget was $10k, and it took a little less than a month. Hopefully it will add to the property value of the house, but now I don' t think we could ever move & leave behind such an oasis in our back yard ! Here's a few more pics :

p.s. the Flintstone car is parked out front ( I wish !)

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation