[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Bar-warming gifts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Bar-warming gifts
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 6:59 pm   Permalink

What would be the top three ideal gifts for a brand new home bar?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-11 7:10 pm   Permalink

Booze
glasses
napkins

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 09:46 am   Permalink

PJ,

In addition to numbers 1+2 above, I'd recommend the shaker/jigger/tongs etc. tool set. Williams-Sonoma et al. carry nice ones.

-JTD

[ This Message was edited by: JTD on 2003-10-12 09:47 ]

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 10:11 am   Permalink

A couple of nice artsy martini glasses.

One of those plastic dodads for rimming glasses with sugar or salt, nobody ever thinks to buy them, but they do come in handy. I never use salt, but like to rim several martinis with flavored sugar.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 11:53 am   Permalink

out of the ordinary mixtures,
cool background light fixture,
napkins/stirrers

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 12:06 pm   Permalink

A new liver!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

A new liver!

Box or gift bag?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 5:22 pm   Permalink

unless you know the taste of the individual bartender and what tools they already have, there is nothing like a bottle of 'the good stuff.' you know, the stuff you covet at the liquor store, but might feel a bit guilty buying for yourself.

persoanlly i say avoid obscure stuff that ends up at the back of the liquor cabinet - and stick to the mainstream acohol (rum, vodka, gin, or maybe some good cognac) that your friends will enjoy making their old favorites with.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 5:55 pm   Permalink

Don't get them the penis shaped ice cube tray. The chilly willies melt too fast and water down your drink!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-12 9:42 pm   Permalink

I tell ya what... The one thing that I appreciate in my own bar above and beyond all other items (and it was not a gift but something I bought for myself) is my Ice Crusher. I got one of the Electric Rival Ice-O-Matics (as recommended by someone in Tiki Central) on ebay and have never been disappointed. It is a thing of Perfection in an otherwise Imperfect world.

Worth the price at whatever it may be (don't pay more than $20 for it, though).

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 07:12 am   Permalink

a cool novelty item I saw in the AFTER 5 catalog: an ice mold that makes shot glasses. I'm kinda tempted to pick one up myself.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 1:32 pm   Permalink

Three words: Top shelf booze.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 1:53 pm   Permalink

keg-o-rator would be cool.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 7:12 pm   Permalink

A matching set of genuine Third Reich swizzle sticks...actually, Tiki Farm has some really cool frosted bar glasses out(come in sets of four). I just picked up the double old-fashioned 4-pack the other day. Still breakin' em in.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-13 7:17 pm   Permalink

Depends on the personality of the bar owner. Me, I'm very particular, and if I haven't already bought something for my bar, it may very well be because I didn't *want* it. So, unless you're planning on shelling out for some sort of sure-fire, one-of-a-kind item, like a cool old tiki, I say stick with consumables (read: primo rum!). At least, if you're buying a gift for someone like me.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation