FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hulilau 2002 Roundup !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hulilau 2002 Roundup !
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-26 6:21 pm   Permalink

first off, I like to say "aloha" to all Tiki centralites!! (I'm new here). Being part of this years Hukilau was an amazing experience for us, we are certainly glad to have made the trip from Miami to Atlanta.and shown our Kreepy styled Tikis ,the new friends we made ,the bands ,artists ,the whole thing .Atlanta showed the Kreepytiki lotsa Love.thanks to: Christie,D.J.Swanky,Sven,Ford.for making it all possible cant wait till next year!!!

Kreepytiki

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-29 06:52 am   Permalink

Sven, I think the Ben Stein reference is to The Wonder Years, which was a nice tv show about a family growing up in the early 60's. It's sometimes seen on TV Land or ither places. Maybe TNN. But Ben Stein has (had) a running game show on Comedy Channel called Win Ben Stein's money. He is rather mono-tone, but very funny.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-29 10:31 am   Permalink

Thanks to KailuaGeoff and Vern, I have new pictures up on The Hukilau Site

I also added a page where you can order the Squid mug, and there will be Saint Thomas mugs up there very soon.

The site is very plain right now. We have not had a lot of time to work on it. So, be patient. There will be a big revamp in the next few weeks and months.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-29 11:15 am   Permalink

Here's our KreepyTiki in it's new home, Shangri-La

Thanks tikijaksin!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2002-07-29 11:19 ]

Kilikopela
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-01 9:47 pm   Permalink

Sorry I'm so late with the "chime-in", but Hukilau 2002 was heaven. I worked the crowd talking to everyone, finding out who the "tikicentralites" were in the crowd. I saw... Tikibob, .
I met.... Kailuageoff and the beautiful maid Marian, Ford Vox and his lil' wahine Lisa, Swanky (fave net-radio station) and TikiKiliki, King Kukulele (a Living God of Tiki!), spent time the with Uber-alles, Major-domo of Tiki, Sven, bought and received various concoctions with Wayne Coombs, fell for the captivating charms of Deije and company, was nearly comatized by Tron and (of Mai Tiki(Wayne)), the Muggler & his very sporty wahine (it takes a lotta guts and fortitude to come to this event while bearing the next tikiphile).

New Tiki-philes made at the event were MissFormicaDinette (funny story about her name), Elizabeth and Isabella, Forrest of the Drive-Invaders (with an awesome '53 Caddy),

I also think I had some "Sven Channeling" that weekend as I picked up what I think is a Witco rip-off for $20. (I guess it's the channeling he was worried about where the real goods aren't delivered.)

Some ugly/scary moments... King Kukulele telling a sleepy audience member that that kind of "Tiki worship" is not fit for family entertainment, seeing Wayne dance (look out! look out! Get away! Run!), Eating Tiki Jello (I coulda done it if there were more Rum!), Listening to Forrest (of the Drive-Invaders) talk for 45 minutes about.. Um, I can't remember, it was boring,

As a final note, I'd like to say "Mahalo" to Sven for coming out here and hangin' with us. I loved your presentation on Sat night and your continual, and guiding, influence on us grommets.

PS - Swanky, I'll get my photos to you after I get back from the Bahamas in a week or so...

Alooooohaaaaaaa,
K

View Profile of Kilikopela Send a personal message to Kilikopela  Email Kilikopela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-02 07:22 am   Permalink

<<Forrest of the Drive-Invaders (with an awesome '53 Caddy), >>

THAT's Forrest! Cool. I loooovveed the car, and he was a nice guy. He just ordered 3 more Saint Thomas mugs for a set of 4. So glad you clued me in. I need to update the pictures with names. I had forgotten Marian until last night actually.

So, if you can add info to the pics, send them my way.

What, you won't be sending the pics from the rum soaked beaches of the Bahamas?

You guys on the West Coast can get to Hawaii pretty cheap, but you wouldn't believe how cheap we can get to the Carribean here through Atlanta. Aruba, Jamaica, Cancun, Belize, Cuba, Saint Bart's. It's all about 2 hours from Atlanta and hundreds of dollars cheaper. Oops. I think I'm getting off-topic!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-15 08:24 am   Permalink

Just got a big batch of pictures from Christopher in Florida posted. Plenty from Sunday at the Drive-In Invasion. Also some from Friday and Saturday night at Trader Vic's.

Thanks Christopher!

It's not too late. Anyone with pics, send them to us home@hukilau-atlanta.com

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2002-08-15 08:25 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation