FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Neubees r us
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Neubees r us
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-14 09:49 am   Permalink

happy birthday, I hope your head is fine after your birthday night
If not, well, I'm playing some sweet uke for you...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-10-14 10:04 am   Permalink

Happy birthday, amigo.

The Tiki Ti had better stock up on ingredients if Hurrican Pablus is blowing into town. I wanna be there for that!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-15 12:55 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday neighbor -- one day late. It has been a good year for tiki. Seems like yesterday when me and Flounder were at the Hawaiian Inn lugging your groceries. Come to think of it, I was lugging your groceries around Ft. Lauderdale too! Hell, I can think of worse jobs than being Pablus' bag boy.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-15 4:40 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday!!! I'm buried at work, so I missed your original posts. Glad to hear that you had a good nite! Give me a call so we can get together soon - it's a great season down at the Fairchild, and we still need to do the tour. Also, I wanted to ask if you and Angela might be interested in coming down to see Keola & Moana Beamer in January - they're going to be at the Broward Center, and we could make an evening of it. Let me know and I'll grab some tickets for us.

Cheers!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-15 10:58 pm   Permalink

Pablus, you wearin' your birthday suit? It's your day brah. Time to bask in all your glory.

Definitely post the dates you'll be near Cisco.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NeptuneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-16 3:55 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: NeptuneTiki on 2004-10-16 16:00 ]

View Profile of NeptuneTiki Send a personal message to NeptuneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NeptuneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-16 3:58 pm   Permalink

Pablus,

Happy Belated Birthday to the BEST mixologist in Florida!!!! Celebrate your special day all month, which apparently you are since you're going to Cali-forn-IA!!!! Have a BLAST and take pics!

Luv,

Neptune Wahine

[ This Message was edited by: NeptuneTiki on 2004-10-16 15:59 ]

View Profile of NeptuneTiki Send a personal message to NeptuneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 05:50 am   Permalink

Another year older and completely out of debt.
Well, except for that little 'ol Lagoon Lounge payment.

Weird Tiki Year.

Lots of great music and fun this year thanks to my friends Kanekila, Jumpin' Josh and Joe the Beachcomber, Haole Kats!

Thanks to my uke-mates as well, Rustiki and Koka Nut. We're learning.

Wrote some nifty tunes and worked out a few others. Bali Hai was a bear because of that "head sticking out of a low flying cloud..." phrase and its odd chordal finish. I never get tired of playing Nani Hanalei.

Fell in love with the Slack Key guitar. I will learn it.

Had to give up drinking almost enitrely. Sucks in a way... in a way it's great, like most intense experiences. And drinking, for me anyway, was always an intense experience. I miss the complex flavors as much as the buzz. Kuku Ahu and I were discussing how to make fine mock-tails and I got a chance to experiment at the Mai Kai this last weekend since they have a lot of ingredients. I think I can approximate their Zombie.

My health has greatly increased in proportion to the decrease in mass.
Sheesh, what a hog. Good thing my bicycle has a steel frame.

The Lagoon is getting dolled up nicely. Couple of new tikis - that's only a good thing. C'Al's tiki chess set is about the coolest thing I've ever owned. The garden is a bit out of control right now - but nothing a couple of days of work wouldn't have in shape. I love bamboo. I have 4 kinds growing here now.

Life is good. Looking forward to my best year ever. I still love to wander into the warm confines of the Lagoon Lounge and hear the soft Hawai'ian music in the background and see the plants and the art that reminds me of Polynesia. And then I love to get on TIki Central and read about far away places or places of yesterday - new recipes - new artistic endeavors - stuff to buy - songs to play or listen to - people to meet - events to attend or wish I had. I love it here.

Once again, thanks to all who contribute here in every forum. I read them all.

I'm glad BK is back with a renewed vigor.
I do miss Tiki Bong but that's all I'll say about that. I miss Flounder, too.

And if Kanekila does that "Margaritaville" finish to one more Hawai'ian tune, I'm going to snap a string around his neck.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rev. Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:45 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday, Pablus! Enjoy your day! Wishing you the best year ever.

View Profile of Rev. Tiki Send a personal message to Rev. Tiki  Goto the website of Rev. Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:50 am   Permalink

!!Happy Birthday Sir!!

Since reminiscing is "de rigueur" let me tell everyone about how I met Pablus... it was Hukilau 2004. I was terribly tired since I had been doing double shifts teaching and reporting from the Hurricane Weather Center but I just HAD to make it to Hukilau. Well needless to say I did, just as the last band was performing and the few vendors that were still around packed it in. I was met with warm smiles from friendly people and somehow managed to get invited to the afterparty... long story short, Pablus was mixing drinks from a tattered little tome that looked as if it was made of parchment. As I watched (in utter amazement), Pablus casually looked over and asked if I'd like to try a "Test Pilot". Talk about the Aloha Spirit... I will ALWAYS remember it! Thanks again!

[ This Message was edited by: otikiniko 2005-10-14 09:07 ]

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 08:55 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Brother
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 09:20 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Pablus!!! Hope to meet you one of these days!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:26 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Pablus! One of these days...A Tampa Tiki party!

Til then, good health!

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 10:32 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday, Big Bruddah!

You went up against some rough seas this year, but, as ever, you charted your course and plowed right through, singing and laughing all the way. While I'm so happy to see that there's a whole lot less of you, the fact is that the world could use a whole lot more of you. Much continued health and happiness to you.

And dammit, get your skinny ass to California, already!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:13 am   Permalink

Pablus,
It was a pleasure to finally meet you and you were so cool to make those Lapus for my party.
I will return the favor when you make it to Calitikifornia.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation