FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Finally got a pair of mint witco wall panels
Finally got a pair of mint witco wall panels
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 12:11 am   Permalink

Got some extra time today to show my new bargains!

first is of my new witco wall panels. Here is one. I haven't found a spot for the two yet. So I shot them one at a time. they are a little over 5 ft tall.

I say they are in mint because they still have the little catalog on back that has a few pics in black & white and in colored.
also has a numbered lable on the both.
{img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048c1d4c87d0000004613[/img]

i cannot make out what this says
{img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce35b3127cce8048c1d3494a0000001610[/img]

the front of the little catalog

the back

the back of the other one

Well I got these for the price of $90. $45 each not bad.

now check out this vintage lamp I got at the swap meet last month. If you have the album of Don Ho and the Alii's you'll see a bunch of these lamps hanging from the bamboo A-frame on the back cover. it's shape of a fish trap. made of thin shells.

my narrow room. I don't do much to this place because i'm still renting. I can't stand that dam seeling lamp/fan too!

k'den
Aloha!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 12:15 am   Permalink

here's a pic of the little catalog that didn't come out on the first post

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 12:49 am   Permalink

sweet score!

Any chance you could scan that catalog in for us, so we can read it?

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-15 12:57 am   Permalink

Looks like you've got lots of other cool stuff floatin' around besides the Witco panels!
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 01:11 am   Permalink

You hit it big Geck! That lamp is sweet. I like your mermaid/ ship's prow thing too.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 08:34 am   Permalink

Gecko, that lamp is killer! By the way, I will taking my family to Maui next June, do you know of any must see places that I should include in the trip? I'm thinking that any antique, or junk stores may have some yet undiscovered treasure!

Cheers,

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 09:01 am   Permalink

the moai lamp, was that from the Tahitian Lanai?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 10:16 am   Permalink

the swag lamp cost me $20 for that vintage beauty.

Boobam, how'd ya know? that lamp was actually used in the rooms of the Waikikian home of the Tahitian Lanai. I herd they had a few in the restaurant to.

The ships prow is from the 40's. That was NO swap meet find....I wish.

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Gecko,
Maybe yours is original, but I got that same shipsprow / figurehead from a guy on ebay about 2 years ago. He calls her Polynesian Princess. I think he must cast them, or else has a warehouse full. She looks great with the tiki stuff though.
Congrat's on the Witcos. That was a major lucky find.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 3:21 pm   Permalink

Sweeeeeet!!!
Mmm-hmmm,
em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Evil Mastermind
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-15 6:24 pm   Permalink

Y'know, it's not often you'll hear "Say, those are some damn fine panels" from my mouth, but it so applies in this case.
Nice score!

View Profile of Evil Mastermind Send a personal message to Evil Mastermind  Email Evil Mastermind     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 7:57 pm   Permalink

That's a bellringer...that paint is keen, keen, keen.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-15 9:19 pm   Permalink

yes it is a nice score but I'm still hungry!!

Kreaky Tiki,
Sorry braddah, don't know much about da neighbor islands. I've only lived here on Oahu. I know there main tourist spots but no hide away places like our La Mariana and our antique stores. I'm sure you'll have fun though. Enjoy paradise.

Aloha

Aloha

gonzo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-10-16 08:25 am   Permalink

Interesting I have the same pair. Witco must of made a lot of these. They are very close if not exactly the same as mine.

Congrats

View Profile of gonzo Send a personal message to gonzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-16 09:24 am   Permalink

Very very nice Gecko!
Thanks for sharin.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-10-16 09:24 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation