FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Disney's Polynesian Resort, Orlando, FL (hotel)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Orlando, FL (hotel)
mikehooker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-12 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-10 22:23, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
According to "preliminary unconfirmed pricing information," expect to pay between $2,100 and $2,900 per night, depending on season, for one of the bungalows.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/the-villas-at-disneys-polynesian-resort/news/09jan2015-how-much-you-can-expect-to-pay-for-the-new-bora-bora-bungalows-at-disney's-polynesian-village-resort.htm

*raises eyebrows*

Well, I guess we'll be staying elsewhere when we visit Sam's.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-14 12:37 am   Permalink

This is one of the six symposiums just announced for The Hukilau 2015 in June ...

“Kevin Kidney & Jody Daily present: Prefeb Paradise.” The artists known for their retro-themed creations and collaborations with Disney take guests back to the 1970s for a virtual vacation at the resort once touted by Disney marketing as a “prefab paradise,” Walt Disney World’s original Polynesian Village.

Symposium tickets are $25. More info on the event here:
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2015/01/13/the-hukilau-announces-six-historic-symposiums-ticket-sales-for-june-event-in-fort-lauderdale/

Official site: http://www.thehukilau.com

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-14 11:28 am   Permalink

Cool! Wishing I could make the Hukilau this year EVEN MORE now. Maybe they'll find their way back to TO in August?

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 6:23 pm   Permalink

The latest update from Tikiman on Facebook:

"From some information I got there is some indication that the pool will be ready by the end of March or beginning of April. I can't discuss the details of the info and I would not say they will finish the pool area by April but I will say that is the plan. If everything goes well and weather cooperates, you may see the pool area and Trader Sam's open by April 1."

"I can't stress enough that there are always possibilities of it opening later but for now I believe they are shooting for April 1 and can accomplish that goal."

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 9:08 pm   Permalink

I really hope there are no delays. The plan after our wedding at the Mai Kai on April 18 is to spend a couple days at the parks and stay at Cabana Bay but we haven't booked our rooms yet because the whole trip depends on whether or not Sam's will be open.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 10:05 am   Permalink

Mike, I would be sorely surprised if Grog Grotto wasn't open by then. I'd say you're safe.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation