FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Halloween Story (cat lovers, do not read)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
Halloween Story (cat lovers, do not read)
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-02 5:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great story Cam. I've yet to watch the video, so I have no idea what it is (YouTube blocked at work, WTF?) I'll have to watch it tonight on my own dime

Looks like it's all true, here's an except from the website- from the journal of a jailer Thomas Dagg:
March 25, 1863: One of my worst nightmares was realized three days ago. Couldn’t write about it ‘til now, I was in such a state of shock and disgust.

Had a lunatic in here, went by the name of Ken Ruzic – and I mean a verifiable insane person awaiting transfer to an asylum – that just went berserk in his cell after lockdown. He started ripping his bedding (that alone would normally get you the strap and a few nights in the dark cell), shouting, cussing, screaming incoherently, and banging his water dipper against the bars.

We’d already been told to just let him get this sort of thing out of his system – since he was in here for just being crazy, and not for committing any crime, we’ve been trying to cut him a little slack (he’s also, apparently, the son of someone the governor knows).
But I guess due to our lack of response, he decided to up the ante: by smearing the contents of his night bucket all over the walls of his cell (did I mention he was in one of my cellblocks?). So of course at that point, I had to get him out of there – my plan was to bring him straight to the hospital and get him drugged into oblivion, or into a straightjacket, or something.

I opened up the cell feeling a little nervous (lunatics are not my specialty), and this now faeces covered maniac just threw himself on me!

Worst thing is…I think he was meaning to hug me for letting him out of there, but…oh God it was disgusting. I can still smell it, just thinking about it.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 10:14 pm   Permalink

What's a Ken Rucksack? Is it that 1981-reissue heavyweight bag REI makes?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-11-03 06:19 am   Permalink

Appropriate video, and kinda creepy

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 1:51 pm   Permalink

BUMP! Happy October! I'm re-reading this this AGAIN. I love this Halloween thread!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 2:02 pm   Permalink

I spent a couple hours with Cammo on Saturday, he assured me that he has a story for Halloween - he also assured me that his ghost stories are all true.

PS - Cam can cook up a mean lunch of Spam Musubi and Kalua Pork

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-05 6:55 pm   Permalink

He should've started posting it about 3 weeks ago.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-10-27 11:52 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-15 5:15 pm   Permalink

Yay! More stories!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-26 9:34 pm   Permalink

BUMP! Halloween is in 4 days Cammo!

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 2:01 pm   Permalink

So recognizing that the stories are a gift to TC, I am wondering 'Is there going to be a story this year?' No pressure, but just wondering. Cause they're kinda a special treat!

Quote:

On 2010-10-05 14:02, MadDogMike wrote:
I spent a couple hours with Cammo on Saturday, he assured me that he has a story for Halloween - he also assured me that his ghost stories are all true.

PS - Cam can cook up a mean lunch of Spam Musubi and Kalua Pork

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-19 9:38 pm   Permalink

Cammo,
Is your schedule still too intensely busy to allow you to favor us with a spooky story - or two (I'm greedy and you owe us one from last year) - before Halloween?
Suspensefully yours,
LL

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-19 10:35 pm   Permalink

I second that motion

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-31 1:04 pm   Permalink

Oh, well, maybe next year.
Meanwhile, there's
this creepy story about late 19th century killer, Dr. H.H. Holmes, who I'd never heard of, till very recently.
Here's a documentary - H.H. Holmes: Americas First Serial Killer - complete with ominous music and narration, to watch in a dark room.
Happy Halloween!

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-16 09:24 am   Permalink

Another spooky story, Cammo? Or, anyone else, for that matter?

A Halloween bump, for anyone who likes creepy stories, and has missed this thread.
(It's been long enough that I could probably go back and re-read this thread, without remembering too much.)

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2012-10-16 09:28 ]

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-24 8:28 pm   Permalink

And, another Halloween bump...

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-24 9:08 pm   Permalink

Hear! Hear!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation