FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Anybody here try RU-21?
Anybody here try RU-21?
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-10-21 3:43 pm   Permalink

http://www.ru21usa.com/main.html

It's getting a lot of press as a super-powered hangover prevention pill. Just curious if anyone has any experience with it.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-21 4:24 pm   Permalink

I would like to believe that something like this will exist one day, but I honestly think, after years of experimentation, that the only preventative measure for a hangover is abstinence.

(now that's f&$*ed up!)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 5:36 pm   Permalink

Isn't this going to create a lot of confusion with RU14, which clears up a different kind of alcohol-related damage?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-21 6:24 pm   Permalink

Good one PJ!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 7:34 pm   Permalink

We were just talking about this at Sam's the other night. I read an article about it in Rolling Stone, which included the same website. However, according to the article (and the website itself, if you can wade through all the scientific jargon), the pill is NOT an anti-hangover pill, but rather a pill that PREVENTS you from getting intoxicated in the first place! Who the f**k wants that?? (Apparently Russian KGB agents, who were to use it so they could outdrink their counterparts but still remain sober, that's who!)

I for one am not interested in trying a pill to avoid intoxication, and besides, I can't believe that all this supposed 'serious research and development' went into this pill, and all they could come up with for a name was the cutesy "are you twenty-one"!

Of course, if anyone does try it, I'd like to know if it works!

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-10-21 19:37 ]

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-21 19:34, Doctor Z wrote:
(Apparently Russian KGB agents, who were to use it so they could outdrink their counterparts but still remain sober, that's who!)

Yeah, but it never worked. The KGB agents still got drunk. Didn't they have an episode on "Get Smart" were he took a pill like this. He wasn't supposed to swallow, but ofcourse he did. Or was that some other show? Or a wonderful dream?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-21 10:21 pm   Permalink

Turbogod, I am glad I'm not the only person who confuses dreams and TV shows....it just gets worse the older you get (so I've been told) The only way around it is...(you guessed it) Kill Your TV!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-10-21 22:51 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 08:36 am   Permalink

RU-21 -- sounds like either the title of a submarine movie or a pickup line in a online chat room.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-10-22 09:55 am   Permalink

So...I guess that's a no.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-22 11:12 am   Permalink

A friend of mine in my homebrew club said that taking brewer's yeast pills which is high in vitamin b helps make hangovers easier to deal with.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 8:23 pm   Permalink

how about this stuff?

Chasers

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 05:37 am   Permalink

Or you could just take vitamin B!

Garlic pills seem to help the night before or morning after (forget which) but I haven't taken them in a long time. I am recalling this from my young and foolish days. Now I am old and foolish.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 05:41 am   Permalink

Hair of the dog always works for me or preferably rum of the Mai Tai

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drinker

Posted: 2004-05-09 05:43 am   Permalink

I tried RU-21 last night and it works perfectly. Woke up this morning feeling great, had to take about 10 tablets though!

View Profile of drinker Send a personal message to drinker      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation