[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving what makes good tiki art"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
what makes good tiki art"
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 1:48 pm   Permalink

You nailed it Tony!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 2:18 pm   Permalink

Agreed! Well said Tony.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 8:30 pm   Permalink

What's good!! Easy. Its a painting that you like looking at more than once. It looks good up close and seperately looks great from afar.

Make what you like, but good art is good art to many. Art is the univeral language. There is a formula to help create good art. its the tools much like the paint brush.

And Flounder, yep, hes got the tools and put in that work.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 12:32 pm   Permalink

Some excellent points, Tony. I, too, hate that word, "art". The inherant "problem" with art as a profession is that many people look upon it as an extravegance or luxury and is therefore either unattainable or expendable. We don't need artists the way we need doctors or accountants or firemen. They are not essential for most peoples' survival in the modern world. It's ironic, really, since all the true artists I know ultimately feel that producing art is necessary for their own survival, financial or otherwise.

Asking what is "good" art is like asking "What's the best song ever?" It's highly subjective, to say the least. Many people don't want to think about art and just want to be transported to a place or time or feeling, hence the success of the Wylands and Kincades. Personaly, I enjoy seeing the artists' thought process, the seed of their idea and how that idea gets expressed. I like that they made something with their hands and mind. I especially like it if I know or have met the artist - it personalizes the work for me and creates more of an attachment.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation