FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Value of Witco Fountain?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Value of Witco Fountain?
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 4:55 pm   Permalink

Hear, hear! Plus, petite bags of groceries tend to keep better.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 6:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-23 16:55, Humuhumu wrote:
Hear, hear! Plus, petite bags of groceries tend to keep better.

Yes, it's always a tragedy when the bags of groceries fall down, big OR small.

[ This Message was edited by: TheMuggler on 2003-10-23 18:25 ]

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 12:24 pm   Permalink

JaxTiki~

Did you get the fountain? If so, can you post pictures so we can see it's new home is now?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 6:32 pm   Permalink

No such luck, owner changed their mind. Feel free to visit the establishment though..a great Tiki spot for many years.

Tradewinds Lounge in St. Augustine Florida right at the base of the bridge of lions.

Very cool atmosphere inside with lots of old paintings and wall murals.

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-01-18 11:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-01-18 18:32, Jax Tiki wrote:
No such luck, owner changed their mind. Feel free to visit the establishment though..a great Tiki spot for many years.

Tradewinds Lounge in St. Augustine Florida right at the base of the bridge of lions.

Very cool atmosphere inside with lots of old paintings and wall murals.

In that case, rest with the peaceful assurance of having left an authentic site intact. As an addendum to THIS paragraph from the BOT:

"On the other hand we must strongly discourage field collecting, which means ripping off artifacts from the few Tiki sites still in existence, whose already feable mana will be deplenished by such looting."

...I would like to equally discourage obsesessed collectors from trying to BRIBE lill' ol' ladys into divorcing themselves from heirlooms that have become part of a local gathering place that has survived the tide of times untainted.

Many moons ago, when I first happend upon the splendid "Droopy native hush puppy" garden fountain statue at the Kona Kai Mobile Home Park pictured on page 229 of the BOT, I saw it in my power to talk the bewildered old couple that owned the mobile unit it stood in front of into selling it to me, and I wanted it so badly, I was ready to do ANYTHING...

BUT I decided to not sink to the level of the GOLLUM, (the modern metaphor of the soul of the greedy collector,) and forego instant gratification. Instead I was a shadow catcher, being content with owning just a picture of it.

On further expeditions I found a white one at the entrance to the Hale Tiki, and coveted it too, but I restrained myself. I hope it is still there.

And behold, again years later, the effigy came to me unforced, and now it stands guard on my frontporch.

This ends today's sermon, thank you, and Tiki bless you.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-01-18 23:51 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation