FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Quality Time with Humu² in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Quality Time with Humu² in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-29 6:22 pm   Permalink

Baxdog,

I should let you know that any tiki items made for you by Ben, left in my garage over 30 days, become property of Bong!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 7:00 pm   Permalink

Damn, sounds fun, but all those bowling locations are so far away from me. I either need to move or need a private jet.

Hum....I'm all for bombarding Doctor Z's pad and celebrating the arrival of Humuhumu to her new Hoiti Toiti stomping grounds by drinking up all leftover booze from the Castaway Lounge Party.

"The Castaway Lounge Revisited featuring special guest Humuhumu". Well, it's just an idea.

Have fun bowling ya'll!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 6:10 pm   Permalink

Bongo, if you can't smoke it you can't keep it.
Can you bring it to the bowling alley?
We can STRIKE a deal if you can SPARE the time.
You could meet me in the ALLEY.
Can I PIN you down to a time.
Please don't drop my tiki in the GUTTER.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 7:58 pm   Permalink

I should let you know that any tiki items made for you by Ben, left in my garage over 30 days, become property of Bong!
-----------------------------------------

That's a good way to wake the bear from hibernation!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-02 6:37 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu, you're making the right decision!I'm looking around for a new job right now myself. So far I've applied for a coupla Federal jobs in Hawaii (the only other place my wife Sally will live besides SoCal.). I'd like to make it to the bowling party (I'm like the Dude in Big Lebowskie(sp) when I'm "on") but work will probably have its way with me...AGAIN! If we don't make it have fun, and hope to see you soon. If you get down San Diego way, we'll share a kava bowl.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-04 10:21 pm   Permalink

So far it looks like there are 8 people going. Please post if you are planning on participating so we know how many lanes to get!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-06 09:08 am   Permalink

Well Humu times 2-mu,

Looks like the Hoity's gots other things going on. Like last time you'se were in town, I wanted to put something together. Unfortunately, it seems, if I don't put the whole thing together it doesn't happen...

There's alway the OC Tiki Crawl tentatively planned sometime near February or March.

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 09:45 am   Permalink

Well, the weather is supposed to be really crappy over the weekend, so I don't think having a multi-stop nite is the thing to do. I couldn't chance reserving lanes without a decent headcount, as they kinda want money for it.... a night at Sam's or Purple Orchid maybe then?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 10:49 am   Permalink

There are already 9 people (add Vintage Girl) who were going bowling. We don't have to have 20 people in order to go, do we? We don't have to do anything but bowl and maybe a nosh nearby afterwards. If that concept doesn't grab ya,

the Purple Orchid sounds lovely...

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-11-06 10:55 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 2:40 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I'd really rather do a smaller, more intimate event anyhow, I'm kinda reeling from a couple weeks of hecticness. Doctor Z & I want to do a bigger event at his house once I'm settled (and hopefully, employed!), in the meantime, anyone who wants to come hang with me for a bit on Saturday just give a holler. Purple Orchid works for me.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-11-06 4:52 pm   Permalink

Humu,

The 'Redondo Beach' in your profile looks like a good fit.

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 5:23 pm   Permalink

Awwww, dagnabit.
I don't git to go!
Humu, I'm glad I got to see ya one last time
before ya left. I shoulda jumped in the yer trunk and went with ya. Been having to scrape ice off the windshield for the last 3 mornings................... argh. ( ice is good, IN A MAI TAI, not on the car.)
ColdPea

[ This Message was edited by: sweetpea on 2003-11-06 17:23 ]

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 6:22 pm   Permalink

Bong are you saying that we aren't having a crawl in December after all? That's news!

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-06 7:13 pm   Permalink

Humu,

Welcome to So Cal. You made the right choice! Would love to spend QT with you and the rest of the HT's but alas, we will be out of town again.

Perhaps we'll catch up later in November.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 08:28 am   Permalink

We at the Purple Orchid would be delighted to see all TCers on Saturday, Nov. 8.

We have a birthday party in the bar that night and there will be Karaoke earlier in the evening followed by revelry and endless amusements. Any and everyone welcome.

Somebody email me if you are coming
dave.purpleorchid@verizon.net.

Dave

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation