FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Quality Time with Humu² in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Quality Time with Humu² in So Cal: Sat Nov. 8 -- Purple Orchid?
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 12:23 pm   Permalink

Bong: I agree the Redondo Beach is an improvement over Seattle, but I'm still aiming for Pasadena!

Pea: yugh. On the morning I set out for points south, there was ice on my windshield. When I was in Portland, TikiMaxton's lovely wife pointed out that it could very well have been the last time I had to deal with the whole ice-on-the-windshield issue. That was nice. Yesterday I went for a walk in the neighborhood, and realized I should have left my jacket at home. That was also nice. Then, the tiki gods shone a light on a place I'm sure I will be visiting again and again... a place called FATBURGER! I scarfed a very tasty bacon cheeseburger and fat fries yesterday. Life is good.

So, yeah, let's do this: anyone who wants to play with me either tomorrow or over the next few days/weeks, just drop me an email or call my cell at (206) 349-1362. You know me, I'm always up for something.

Specifically for tomorrow, what time should I show up at the Purple Orchid?

p.s. - I brought my bowling shirt down with me in the car, so while my bowling ball is sitting in a crate somewhere, I am prepared on the shirt front for any future bowling expeditions.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 7:04 pm   Permalink

I'll check in on saturday and se what the final destination is. I'll meet you guys bowling or at the Purple Orchid. I might just go earlier on to Copro Nason gallerry to catch the closing of a show I want to see before it's gone but I'll catch up with you guys after that.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-07 7:39 pm   Permalink

hey humu, if you cut through the valley on your way to tiki ti, there are two fatburgers to hit, one on ventura across from universal, and one in burbank. i highly reccomend the turkey burger with cheese and a fried egg. also, when you go to tiki ti, there are two places to eat that are a must. before tiki ti, the legendary jays jay burgers, and after in the wee hours of the morning, el gran burrito. i have never been sober when i have entered el gran, but i swear the home style mexican grub is excellent.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-08 09:43 am   Permalink

Yes, you're in the junk food capital of the world now. If you like Fat Burger wait 'till you try In-N-Out or Tommy's. There is no Tommy's in the South Bay, but there is a good Tommy's immitator called Tom Boy's.

Have a great time at Purple Orchid tonight. I will not be able to join you this time. Hopefully next time.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 11:01 am   Permalink

Tom Boys that's my hang for breakfast!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-08 09:43, PiPhiRho wrote:
There is no Tommy's in the South Bay, but there is a good Tommy's immitator called Tom Boy's.

The best Tommy's still has to be the original Tommy's on Rampart in LA. It's an extremely shady neighborhood but this place has been ther for so long that you get a weird mix of customers. Allot of chollos but also allot of old surfers, as well as allot of people who arew clubbin aroiund LA and decide to stop in for a bite.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bike Shack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-08 12:31 pm   Permalink

Hi
I live in Valencia and we will be going to dinner in Fontana. We would like to make it to the Purple Orchid tonight. I would like to visit with some Tiki Central's,so About what time will any of you be there?

View Profile of Bike Shack Send a personal message to Bike Shack  Email Bike Shack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 12:58 pm   Permalink

I used to eat at a Tommy's in San Pedro on Pacific Av. I'm pretty sure it was a bonafide Tommy's (or a damn good knock-off). The double chili cheeseburger was da best. Haven't been there in quite a few years. Is it gone now?

[ This Message was edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2003-11-08 13:02 ]

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 1:06 pm   Permalink

I just had a brief chat with Humuhumu.... she is thinking about dinner out, then to Purple Orchid.... specific time not quite worked out, but she mentioned 7-8ish arrival at PO

Check out her post above, you can give her a call, or plan on meeting at Purple Orchid this eve.... she'll be there, I'll be there... just a matter of exactly when!

See ya tonight!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-08 3:04 pm   Permalink

Welcome to town, Humuhumu! Sorry to miss the shenanigans this evening and look forward to seeing you and the whole gang sometime real soon!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 11:06 am   Permalink

Great evening at Purple Orchid!

Suicide Sam bailed before the cameras started flashing.... Floratina was hiding behind the lens...

[ This Message was edited by: Traderpup on 2003-11-09 11:07 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bike Shack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-09 11:16 am   Permalink

Good Morning
Thanks for letting me invite myself to the table at the purple orchid last night. I had a lot of fun, I got to meet some T.C. members,get some valuble Tiki info, and check out the decor of the bar.

View Profile of Bike Shack Send a personal message to Bike Shack  Email Bike Shack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-11-09 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-11-08 09:43, PiPhiRho wrote:
Yes, you're in the junk food capital of the world now. If you like Fat Burger wait 'till you try In-N-Out or Tommy's. There is no Tommy's in the South Bay, but there is a good Tommy's immitator called Tom Boy's.

Don't forget the Apple Pan in West L.A.! In Pasadena there's Lucky Boy, Russell's Famous Hamburgers, Pie and Burger, Hi-Life, and Top's. You'll never enter another McD's or BK again!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 4:52 pm   Permalink

Hey if this is becoming a thread on the best bad food around how can we possibly not mention "Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle". What other joint specializes on chicken and waffle, what a combo!!!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-09 8:42 pm   Permalink

Zubies Dry Dock and Las Barcas in H.B.!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation