FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay...Big $$$ Scorpion Bowl - - What The @&*# !!!
eBay...Big $$$ Scorpion Bowl - - What The @&*# !!!
vegastikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 11:18 pm   Permalink

I can't believe this went for this much. I've got two of these from the Aku Aku here in Las Vegas. I wonder if mine is worth this much. I like the $3 price I paid for mine much better. What do you guys think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3248005493&category=29460&rd=1

View Profile of vegastikidude Send a personal message to vegastikidude  Email vegastikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rattiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 11:35 pm   Permalink

I think that in 10 years it will be worth about $3 again, but now someone is willing to pay that much When I hacked in Vegas I used to tell my passengers "P. T. Barnum was wrong, they aren't born every minute, but every second!"

>

[ This Message was edited by: Rattiki on 2003-10-23 23:38 ]

View Profile of Rattiki Send a personal message to Rattiki  Email Rattiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 12:27 am   Permalink

Where is Kohalacharms getting this endless bucket of money from? I'd love to be able to shell out and get that bowl but knowing that they still exhist in the wild, I'll just keep looking. I let you guys know when I find one. Don't go anywhere.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-10-24 10:57 am   Permalink

I'm not surprised at all by that auction amount. I'd love to have that piece- it's really hard to find anything from the Tonga that isn't a coconut or a bucket. That's a real beauty. I sold something to Kohalacharms a few weeks ago- really nice guy, but man: the King of Disposable Income!

*lucky bastard*

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 4:42 pm   Permalink

I too have been recently in touch with the mighty kohalacharms, and let me tell you: a real gentleman and a completely sincere and dedicated collector. I have groused in 'Collecting Tiki' many a time over him and edgeoftexas, but I hear he's a swell guy too, and I have to admit it's all just envy. Wish I could do what they do...

aloha,
em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 6:26 pm   Permalink

AUWWWIE! dats wun nice bowl but for 200+ It betta hold sum water and get me high!

I cannot believe you got 2 for $3 each! dats da type a stuff dats pisses me off!! but good for you!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 09:47 am   Permalink

the aku aku version is way more common.

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation