FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food okolehao, anyone got a lead,1/5/05- article on new production of the spirit pg 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
okolehao, anyone got a lead,1/5/05- article on new production of the spirit pg 2
mbanu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-06 08:49 am   Permalink

Any news?

View Profile of mbanu Send a personal message to mbanu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-06 3:47 pm   Permalink

Just an auction http://cgi.ebay.com/Unopened-Royal-Hawaiian-Okolehao-Lava-Tiki-Decanter_W0QQitemZ160004511023QQihZ006QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dean

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 07:49 am   Permalink

That bottle went for $95

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 11:37 am   Permalink

I believe that many members here are anxious and with good reason. However, it takes many months to navigate the liquor production trade and compliance with BAT and local goverments. If this Oke will be available in your market depends entirely on your local state distributors or if your state allows internet shipping.

If the product will make it depends on conumer demand and marketing. A few thousand Tiki drink enthusiasts clamoring for your product does not make a brand, when you need to see thousands of cases to show real profit and recover your investment. As a wine and spirits broker I have seen brands come and go, and it takes luck and consumer adaption.

When Sidney Frank first brought in Jaggermeister into US Market, it was a joke. Then punk rockers and frat boys took to it like crack addicts, and it took off. Grey Goose was also a failure initially, and sold for about two billion in the end. I hope Oke pays off and is a big success! Lately my efforts have been at launching Newfoundland Screech which I finally found a distributor for.

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Numb Davey 2006-07-27 11:39 ]

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Makaainana

Posted: 2006-09-10 01:32 am   Permalink

This stuff is going to explode like nobody's business. Think Hawaiian Jager. But you *do* need to actually make the stuff in order to sell it.

They stopped making this stuff long before I was old enough to (legally) drink. We had a bottle of the fake stuff in our liquor cabinet when I was growing up. My Dad remembers the real thing.

I've been hoping for most of my adult life that I would get a chance to taste the real thing, but as someone pointed out, you never see the real thing and even the fake stuff goes for $100 a bottle.

So, since I've been waiting all this time, I can wait a bit longer; but please, don't give up before the stuff hits the market. Oh yeah, and why the hell doesn't the distillery have a website? I realize there is some real talent and money in this project, but even if it were just a couple of hucksters it would still have a website. What's the deal?

View Profile of Makaainana Send a personal message to Makaainana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stickyii

Posted: 2007-02-05 4:23 pm   Permalink

Any word on whether this wonderful stuff is being produced?

View Profile of stickyii Send a personal message to stickyii  Goto the website of stickyii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 10:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 16:23, stickyii wrote:
Any word on whether this wonderful stuff is being produced?

yes, 'they' are working on it.

introduction of the product is dependent on many things.
"A few thousand Tiki drink enthusiasts clamoring for your product..."
would not be a factor.
Okolehao far predates the birth of all... uhhh howsit put... "Tiki drink enthusiasts"
and then the judgement when it's released; "aah, it's just fake stuff. not the real stuff. "

naaah. they are working on da real kine. not to worry.

oh, and don't "Think Hawaiian Jager."
faaarrr from it.

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2007-02-05 22:10 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-02-06 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 22:07, lanikai wrote:
Okolehao far predates the birth of all... uhhh howsit put... "Tiki drink enthusiasts"

It also predates anybody that's alive...

So what's your point??

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 09:41 am   Permalink

I have a bottle coming from Hawaii. They tell me it is oke and in a white bottle. Easy to find. What it really is, I will know when it gets here.

The distiller is still not there I am told.Tiki Toa talked to him on the phone not too long ago.

Think "Hawaiian Cognac."

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 12:07 pm   Permalink

Why must I live in Alabama where you can't get any variety of liquor, nor can you get it shipped to you. I want to try some of this, and a lot of other things that I can't find anywhere or get shipped to me.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-06 08:50, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

So what's your point??

I was alluding to the implication the producers might shift into high gear for a handful of what is referred to as tiki drink enthusiasts, when, upon production, it will have many countless adherents and loyal customers who remember the original and many who made the bootleg stuff back in the day.
I'm saying they need (and will have) much more than tiki drink enthusiasts to stay alive, especially when they may not even know what da heck a 'tiki drink" is...

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-02-07 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-07 18:30, lanikai wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-06 08:50, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

So what's your point??

I was alluding to the implication the producers might shift into high gear for a handful of what is referred to as tiki drink enthusiasts, when, upon production, it will have many countless adherents and loyal customers who remember the original and many who made the bootleg stuff back in the day.
I'm saying they need (and will have) much more than tiki drink enthusiasts to stay alive, especially when they may not even know what da heck a 'tiki drink" is...

Uhh yeah, that's a given. But why would you point out that "Okolehao far predates the birth of all... uhhh howsit put... 'Tiki drink enthusiasts'" when in fact it predates everybody that's alive (including you).??
That's what I'm asking. What was your point of that statement?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 11:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-07 19:35, Hakalugi wrote:

my point is apparently just beyond your grasp, lugi that is hahk-ed.
fuggeddabouddit, argumentative haole. it was observational. jeez loueez. givitarest. move on.

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2007-02-08 00:01 ]

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-02-09 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-07 23:47, lanikai wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-07 19:35, Hakalugi wrote:

my point is apparently just beyond your grasp, lugi that is hahk-ed.
fuggeddabouddit, argumentative haole. it was observational. jeez loueez. givitarest. move on.

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2007-02-08 00:01 ]

"it was observational" ?

Well there you have it folks.

Hmmm, it wasn't very well thought out now was it.
Unless his intent was to be... uhhh howsit put...condescending.

And then he trys to dismiss the whole thing while throwing a "racial" slur.

Well, just so all of you reading this know who we are dealing with here, Lanakai is also known as Tiki Trader and the following thread is a must read:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=634&forum=1&start=0

Meanwhile to get back on topic:

My haole tastebuds are looking forward to some authentic Okolehao.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 11:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-09 10:33, Hakalugi wrote:
Meanwhile to get back on topic:

My haole tastebuds are looking forward to some authentic Okolehao.

That would make them OkoleHaole tastebuds.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation