FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Does anyone know about the Kapu-Kai in CA?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Does anyone know about the Kapu-Kai in CA?
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-04 8:44 pm   Permalink

That looks great Sven. Kapu Kai was truly a Tiki marvel. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-05 04:10 am   Permalink

Kapu_Kai_Son, I just went through the early pages of this thread to see the old photos you posted. Unfortunately those photo links have expired and all of your great original photos have disappeared. Would you consider uploading the photos to Tiki Central directly and pasting new links into your earlier posts? Some really excellent material originally appeared in your early posts, and it would be great to get them back for the benefit of the many who so appreciate the Kapu Kai.

I was born not too far from the Kapu Kai, and in later years I spent a lot of time in the mountains above and behind the Kapu Kai. That whole area is a part of my personal past, and as a kid my family drove by there many times although I never remember any of us stopping there and going inside.

Thanks.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-05 7:21 pm   Permalink

GREAT video Colin!
Having grown up in a restaurant family I know how important the restaurant is to the family
that owns one.
My mother used to call our places the sixth child as many times the restaurants came first before the family.
It’s awesome to be able to see the décor of the Kapu-Kai and I got many ideas for lights so
thanks for that too!

Good luck!!

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation