FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Ol' Tiki Bash at Tiki Farm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Big Ol' Tiki Bash at Tiki Farm
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-23 10:08 pm   Permalink

"Big Ol' Tiki Bash" ... that's what we've named the upcoming Sept. 28th party at Tiki Farm. We're estimating well over 200 attendees based upon the email responses and that's looking... conservative!?!

We're hoping to launch our new X-Eyes mug for the event - free to all attendees and inscribed with the event name on the rear. I'm pushing to have the Shag decanters ready so that we can sell hopefully 50+ sets at regular, non eBay retail prices!

Hopeful and some confirmed attendees include: Sven, Shag, Crazy Al, Bamboo Ben, etc. I heard that King Kukulele might be available so if anybody has his email, please have him contact me! I want to email Otto too, but the email address that I have keeps bumping his emails back to me (a little help, please!).

We should be pouring 4-6 various Trader Vic's cocktails (please - don't drink and drive!). I'll be putting out an email via the tiki farm opt-in email list with local hotels and more updates plus posting to Tiki Central whenever possible. Let's do our best to have designated drivers or support the local taxi companies.

Please email me with your questions at
holden@tikifarm.com so that I can get back to you quickly as I don't get to check the tikiroom boards as often as I'd like but I check my emails a couple of times a day.

That's all for now - this thing's getting out of control but that's a good thing!

Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2002-07-23 22:11 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KukuiNut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-23 11:59 pm   Permalink

Holden - Sounds like fun. Are all the Centralites invited? And do tell, where is the Farm?

Let the Party Begin!

View Profile of KukuiNut Send a personal message to KukuiNut  Email KukuiNut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-24 9:41 pm   Permalink

All Tiki Centralites are invited but must get in touch with me via my email as we're sending out special "backstage pass" type necklace badges that will be required to get into the party.

Tiki Farm's at...
1060 Calle Negocio, Suite E
San Clemente, CA 92673
tel (949) 940-1006

I'll send out the address request notice later via my opt-in email list as that's my only way to get in touch with both Tiki Centralites and non-Tiki Centralites. Please don't send in your address info yet! In fact, anybody interested in the party should join the list - it's the only way for me to take care of business and ensure that everyone (including non-Tiki Centralites) receives official invites. You can ask to be removed anytime. To get on the list, go to:
http://www.tikifarm.com/html/index.asp and click on where it says "Your E-Mail Address" and enter your email address in the grey block.

When I'm ready for your addresses, I'll send out via our email database an email indicating such plus I'll also post to Tiki Central just to play it safe.

Thanks,
Holden
holden@tikifarm.com

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-25 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 21:41, smogbreather wrote:
All Tiki Centralites are invited but must get in touch with me via my email as we're sending out special "backstage pass" type necklace badges that will be required to get into the party.

Is anyone up for a trip to Disneyland while we're down there that weekend? This means you, Hanford.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-07-25 2:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Is anyone up for a trip to Disneyland while we're down there that weekend? This means you, Hanford.

Oh, TWIST MY ARM!!!! lol actually if time perhaps I'm there, but it may be a packed weekend for me. I hope to be able to make it to this bash though!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-26 04:02 am   Permalink

Alohas,
Should be a fun, clean party!

712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ This Message was edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-08 08:40 ]

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-07-30 08:24 am   Permalink

Damn! I really really really really want to go, but that's the same weekend as Tease-o-rama here in SF.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-30 10:12 pm   Permalink

Trader Vic's just ink'd setting up a bar for the "Big Ol' Tiki Bash". Their VP (the big cheese and very good guy Sven Koch) will be tending bar and will be serving the following cocktails
The Mai Tai
The Fogcutter
The Bahia
The Scorpion
1 more - what the hell was it!?
The Queen Charlotte Fruit Punch (non-alcoh.)

Musically, we've ink'd our 1st act. The Eliminators will do an acoustic hawaiiana/surf session! I keep emailing king kukule but they keep getting bounced back!

Artistically... Shag decanters, tiki pole by Crazy Al (still to be confirmed), Jimmy C. (www.kustomart.net) tiki pinstripe panels/tiki shift knobs/possible ltd. edition tiki swizzles, originals by Miles Thompson (www.kooch-e-koo.com), hand-painted tiki mugs by Drew Brophy (www.drewart.com) and the debut of the (hopeful) mondo giant Brian Setzer commissioned tiki mug by the ultra-talented Joe Vitale! There also might be a debut of 2 ultra-high end prints visa vie Doug Nason w/Copro Nason!

The event poster/t-shirts are being designed by Miles Thompson... Miles... u rock!

The gallery showing will likely go from 5 to 8 and the party will start at 7pm.

The main gig though is the party! If at all possible, we're also going to rent out our neighbors vacant 5000 square foot warehouse and if so, we'll start decorating asap so that it's a virtual tiki hell!

Holden

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-31 12:50 am   Permalink

>>..Trader Vic's just ink'd setting up a bar for the "Big Ol' Tiki Bash". Their VP (the big cheese and very good guy Sven Koch)...<<

Allow me to point, at this point, to a strange point:

First this German guy writes the Book of Tiki.
Then he meets this American who calls himself Otto von Stroheim but whose real name is KURT BRAUN (Why? Don't ask me!).
Finally, after 10 years of shopping it around to American publishers, this GERMAN publisher picks it up.
And now, after Trader Vic's has already been managed by GERMAN Hans Richter for years, a new guy shows up whose name is SVEN KOCH!

It is ull tru, I sfare!

Oh, and what about this guy on Kauai, Peter Schachtschneider???

Tiki uber alles? Mein Tiki? Volkstiki? Have I been the tool of a dark plot to take over the world by ....TIKI?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-07-31 01:03 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-31 08:39 am   Permalink

Hey Big Bro,
Didn't you meet Otto before you wrote the Book? Are you loosing your mind?
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-31 12:15 pm   Permalink

A.) Yes, I am loosing my mind

B.) I met Otto in 1994. On my wall hangs a framed rejection letter for the Book of Tiki from Chronicle Books dated October '92.
Granted it was not written in it's entirety then, but all the chapters and the concept were in place. I'll show you my 1992 mock up next time.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-31 12:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-31 00:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
>>..Trader Vic's just ink'd setting up a bar for the "Big Ol' Tiki Bash". Their VP (the big cheese and very good guy Sven Koch)...<<

Allow me to point, at this point, to a strange point:

First this German guy writes the Book of Tiki.
Then he meets this American who calls himself Otto von Stroheim but whose real name is KURT BRAUN (Why? Don't ask me!).
Finally, after 10 years of shopping it around to American publishers, this GERMAN publisher picks it up.
And now, after Trader Vic's has already been managed by GERMAN Hans Richter for years, a new guy shows up whose name is SVEN KOCH!

It is ull tru, I sfare!

Oh, and what about this guy on Kauai, Peter Schachtschneider???

Tiki uber alles? Mein Tiki? Volkstiki? Have I been the tool of a dark plot to take over the world by ....TIKI?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-07-31 01:03 ]

Well, according to none other than Thor Heyerdahl, the first inhabitants of Easter Island were 'fair-skinned.' This possibly points to extremely rapid German continental drift or indeed - migration... I'm looking into a study grant. The tradition continues.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-31 10:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha Big Bro,
You crack me up!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-31 10:32 pm   Permalink

Alohas,
Should be a clean, fun party!

712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)

[ This Message was edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-08 08:39 ]

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-31 10:51 pm   Permalink

Here's what we're offering up so far for The Big Ol' Tiki Bash
Trader Vic's tiki bar...
We're up to about 10 carved tiki poles...
A mini Easter Island with 5 7 1/2' tall Easter Island Moai...
Gilligan's Island pinball machine...
About 500 feet of tiki string lighting...
Signage by Bamboo Ben...
The Eliminators (60's style surf music)...
King Kukelele (still working out the details but it looks good)...
Lounge/Exotica/Hawaiian tunes...
Commemorative tiki mugs (free to all guests!)...
Gallery Showing featuring...
Shag Decanters & 2 new high-end ltd. edtion prints...
Jimmy C. tiki shift knobs, hand cast swizzle sticks & tiki pinstripe panels
Drew Brophy hand-painted ltd. edition tiki mugs...
Likley t-shirts/event posters by Miles Thompson...
Possible debut of the commemorative Brian Setzer tiki mug...
My nephews cleaning up after you...
1 Free cocktail for wearing a coconut bra all night...(rules apply!)

We'll have tables/chairs set up, a mini overstuffed chairs meets vintage hawaiian furniture lounge (complete with 2 giant old-style Trader Vic's peacock chairs), we're discussing throwing up giant black vinyl wall coverings and painting fluorescent tikis and hitting them with black lights, there's a popular concensus for a jimmy buffet faced dartboard (my personal fav!). That's about if for now - more to follow as soon as it's available.

Holden

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation