FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Ol' Tiki Bash at Tiki Farm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Big Ol' Tiki Bash at Tiki Farm
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 10:42 pm   Permalink

Smogbreather,
How many 'one liners you got bro?
How bout you get up and do a stand up between bands? Would be cool!!! You and the Ku Ku. Can't wait for da bash bra! Gonna be da hippest scene of da year!
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-03 12:24 am   Permalink

I'm currently into the "fun for the kids" pirate jokes that are floating around! Say this one to your favorite son/daughter/nephew/niece with the punchline in a pirate's voice:
Q: Where does a pirate go to see Dwight Yokem?
A; At the Grand Ol' Arrrr'pry!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-06 01:54 am   Permalink

The party is almost here and i still haven't won the damn lottery...so i guess i am stuck here at home...can anyone please buy a miles thompson tshirt for me and sell it on ebay... i would really like one

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-12 8:51 pm   Permalink

I started to work on the fire-breathing volcano today. Somebody better have a hose at the farm. Well to be on the safe side I won't use real fire. FIRE! FIRE! I should also have two big hot-head tikis and if time permits, THE WORLDS LARGEST TIKI MUG. Now if I can do all this and finish moving from OC to the southbay.

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2002-09-12 20:58 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 10:22 pm   Permalink

hey smogbreather, question ? How do we know u received our email confirmation? and are you sending out maps and reservation/id badges?

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-13 11:29 pm   Permalink

Hey Centralites,

We're mailing out invites early next week. Everybody that email'd is receiving an invite ("your name plus guest"). If you've got more than 1 guest coming, it's been noted. Shag/Trader Vic's/Tiki Farm paraphernalia for your gift bags, Chiki's fire breathing volcano, Marcus's Easter Island w/7.5' tall Moais, Gilligan's Island compound/lounge area, a Tiki maze entry and a 12' Trader Vic's tiki bar compliments of Bamboo Ben, 250' (not 500' as I had hoped - too much to rent that much) of tiki string lights, 3 bands, about 10-15 tiki poles, cool lighting, etc..!!! No neck badges though - elegant fluorescent wrist bands will be the badges of honor! No maps will be sent - the invites will have all of the address info; please go to mapquest.com if you need to get directions.

Upon entering the event, either the gallery showing or the party, you'll check-in and receive your complimentary cool, swanky stuff!

The party will be at the following address:

1034 Calle Negocio, Suite E in San Clemente, CA 92673.

We've got a vacant 1500 sq. ft. office area for the gallery and a 3000 sq. ft. vacant warehouse for the party!! We've mixed about 100 tunes that range from Exotica to Rockabilly and Surf for playing in between the bands.

The bands:
King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis opening
The Mag-Neatos (aka the Hot Rod Trio to follow)
The Eliminators to finish

The party shuts down at 1am due to landlord restrictions... enough time to party down tiki-style big time! We've already schmoozed the local fire/police to ensure that this thing doesn't get shut down (San Clemente's a pretty sleepy town).

Be safe and take a cab or have a designated driver! We're estimating over 300 attendees so please lend a hand whenever possible if you can throughout the night as this is big and we're small (tiki farm: 4 employees).

Best & mucho mahalos & see you all soon!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-14 10:34 am   Permalink

Back in one of my earlier posts, I asked that for the tiki centralites who wanted to be invited to the party should join my opt-in email list at www.tikifarm.com. If you didn't join, then there's a chance that you haven't received an invite. If you're yet to email us with your name/address/guest info, then please send an email to:
lisa@tikifarm.com
and in the subject line, include: Tiki Invite
and in the body of the message include your name, mailing address & the name of your guest.

If you've already sent me this info then there's no need to do it again! We'll accept email invitation requests through noon, Sat. Sept. 21st.

thanks,
Holden

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 08:14 am   Permalink

The "Bar of the Year" aka, "Tiki Farm's Big ol Tiki Bash-Trader Vic's Tiki Bar" is going into production! A 12'long, one of a kind. It will be auctioned off the night of the event. There will be a Bamboo framed, hand carved and painted mohogany plaque in the art show (previous to the party)of the bar itself, that will be included in the auction.
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 1:13 pm   Permalink

Party - Address Change!!!

The new address is 934 Calle Negocio,Suite E! The invites are mailing out later this week so you'll be receiving them right before the event (sorry they're going out so late, we're pretty busy here!). If you don't get one in time not to worry - you'll be allowed entry into the party.

We're receiving a lot of emails with individual questions - we're trying to get back to them all as best as we can. If there's something you really need to know, then please call me at (949) 940-1006 and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Remember - 21 and over only will be allowed! So please don't make the trek if you're under 21. See you at the Bash!

Holden

vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 10:12 pm   Permalink

Can anyone tell me what the number at the Days Inn is? I can't seem to locate a Days Inn in San Clemente. Any other motels/hotels in the area?

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 01:39 am   Permalink

I hope that someone from the forum will take photos and post them here so that those of us who are far away and cannot enjoy the party can see all the fun you had. Also can someone take a photo of Miles Thompson as i would really like to put a face to the artwork. I love his art but have no clue who he is really. Have fun everyone...

[ This Message was edited by: fartsatune on 2002-09-19 01:40 ]

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 5:05 pm   Permalink

We've had this info up for quite some time and have received a tremendous amount of invite requests. We're closing out the guest list tonight (thurs., sept. 19) at midnight, so if you haven't sent in your request, please send it to:
lisa@tikifarm.com
and be sure to include your name/address. If you've already sent in your request, PLEASE DON'T SEND IT IN AGAIN - one centralite sent in a request 11 times and they rec'd. 11 replies...it drove poor lisa and me bonkers!

Food at the Bash? I'm having 50 pizzas delivered at a couple of intervals from 8pm to 9pm.

See you at the Bash!
Holden

Under 21 years of age will be denied entry into the Big Ol' Tiki Bash

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2002-09-19 17:07 ]

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 5:08 pm   Permalink

Miles will likely not be in attendance as he is moving into a new home the day before the Bash and his wife is about 8 months pregnant!
Holden

aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-09-20 3:57 pm   Permalink

Here's a photo of Miles Thompson on the left, with some loser on the right.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 4:54 pm   Permalink

Looks like Miles has on the shirt posetd in the Hawaiian Shirt thread in beyond tiki, but in blue.
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=976&forum=6&13

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-09-20 17:00 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation