Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fireside Kahona mosaic
Fireside Kahona mosaic
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-27 09:39 am   Permalink

DawnTiki, Mr. cheeky half and I are very flattered that you remembered our work and brought it up for the newer tc members in your post over in the collecting forum.

It's finally cooling off here in Southern Arizona so we've just begun our "mosaic season." I'm working on a mainlander tiki design and Mr. cheeky is doing the sign of the Tiki Motel. I'll put them up in the gallery when they're completed.

This is Fireside Kahona, a light box mosaic that I finished during the last season.

unlit Fireside Kahona

lit Fireside Kahona

Thanks again for the interest,
cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-27 09:41 am   Permalink

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-27 10:19 am   Permalink

wowa wowa wowa,
that is some beautiful mosiac. where is the gallery you referred to, is it online?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-27 10:54 am   Permalink

www.tikiroom.net/gallery/
If you haven't been there - you gotta go.

We also put the mosaics up here...
www.thebigrobot.com/tiki/mosaic.html

Cheers!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-27 7:07 pm   Permalink

OH WOW! These are so cool! I am so glad you haven't forgotten us at TC, keep posting these are great!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

Very nice stuff...high quality.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-28 06:47 am   Permalink

do you sell your mosaics? I'm very interested in buying one-

hit me up with a personal message

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-02 4:50 pm   Permalink

two thumbs up! very nice!!
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-02 6:51 pm   Permalink

Pele. Score!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitucson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-13 08:35 am   Permalink

Giving this thread a little bump because, for the first time ever, an official Cheeky Half (aka Velvet Glass) mosaic is being made available to the public!

Follow this link for more info:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17932&forum=4&0

View Profile of tikitucson Send a personal message to tikitucson      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 09:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the plug tikitucson. Just to update folks a little, the Cheeky Half's have been busily making their mosaics and generally laying low. Earlier posts in this thread refer to thebigrobot.com. We updated a little and built a new web site to display our mosaic work, which can be found at www.velvetglass.com/

The old bigrobot links should still work, but the 'mosaic only' site is where the mosaics are now living.

Mr. And Mrs. Cheeky Half

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation