FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay...Tonga Room Fairmont Hotel Items - - What's Up?
eBay...Tonga Room Fairmont Hotel Items - - What's Up?
vegastikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 2:05 pm   Permalink

Has anyone other than myself noticed a rash of Tonga Room/Fairmont Hotel Tiki Mugs showing up recently on eBay? Did a large cache of these items suddenly materialize, or what? Anybody got any ideas, or more importantly, thoughts?

[ This Message was edited by: vegastikidude on 2003-10-29 14:05 ]

View Profile of vegastikidude Send a personal message to vegastikidude  Email vegastikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 10:46 pm   Permalink

I noticed that too, I was hoping that no one else noticed that. Most of those prices go beyond my idea of a logical price for a mug or bowl. After finding a Trader Vic's Suffering Bastard decanter at a thrift store for two bucks, it's kinda hard for me to shell out more than 20 bucks.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-29 11:18 pm   Permalink

Yeah. Fairmont stuff seems to come in waves... Don't know why. And some of it has been getting rather pricey.
Here's something I've noticed... It seems that some of these high ticket items will reappear in a new auction a couple of days after they close for big $$. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

By the way Lucky... Nice score on the SB Decanter. Beats my Mai Kai for $12...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegastikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-30 07:55 am   Permalink

Yes, I also noticed that (Moai Bowl). That seller was a little clueless as I had to e-mail him to let him know he had Fairmont spelled wrong (Farimont). I think he saw the same bowl he had in another auction sell for $260 and decided to relist his at a higher minimum bid. Why? Who knows? I can't remember what his bowl went for but it was considerably less than $260. Seems like there a lots of "Clueless Tiki Sellers" on eBay these days jumping on the "make-a-quick-buck-off-tiki-items wagon" and often they fail to describe their items correctly and accurately, for example, failing to mention chips & cracks in mugs, etc. Go Figure!

View Profile of vegastikidude Send a personal message to vegastikidude  Email vegastikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation