FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Jack-o-lanterns
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Jack-o-lanterns
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-31 01:04 am   Permalink

Well after trying to copy a mug I had..... It looks more Jacko than Tiki....
Good fun though with the keiki...

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe V.
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-31 11:35 am   Permalink

Gave it a shot with the pumpkins......

Tiki:

Not Tiki:

View Profile of Joe V. Send a personal message to Joe V.  Email Joe V. Goto the website of Joe V.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 11:36 am   Permalink

Beach Bumz the carving looks great ...you did a fine job.
Happy Halloweeny to you and your family .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 12:14 pm   Permalink

Joe V love your pumpkins! Great stuff!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-31 12:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks 1961Surf... It's fun "trying" to carve... I'm staring on my second tiki carving carving today, picked up a nice log the other day..

Joe that pumpkin is awesome!

BB

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 1:01 pm   Permalink

SHRUNKUN PUMPKUN!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-06 05:52 am   Permalink

Excellent work carvers! It's great to see the tradition alive and well.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-06 12:57 pm   Permalink

Joe, I REALLY love your carvings - the removal of the rind really gives it a wood-like appearance. I was amused at the position of the top pic - looked like a giant carved pineapple! Hey, there's an idea - a very STICKY idea! Nice carvings all.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 03:12 am   Permalink

Seasonal bump.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2010-10-22 11:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bongo...love love love Halloween and too bad the original pix in this thread are gone...they were awesome. I recently watched a professional chef carve off and their creations were unbelievable. They had mechanical aspects to make the pumpkin animated. The most amazing one was a Medusa with snakes moving in and out of the pumpkin. I have trouble just cutting a lime in half!!!

Go to the Ghoulishly grand carved pumpkins and it is the picture in the second row, 4th from the left...it is crazy!!!
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39527582/ns/today-today_halloween_guide/39688215

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ryan Partridge

Posted: 2010-10-23 08:23 am   Permalink

Here's ours we did the other night...

View Profile of Ryan Partridge Send a personal message to Ryan Partridge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 11:02 am   Permalink

You carvers always have the best jack-o-lanterns! All I can do are those patterns you pin onto the pumpkin, poke holes around the pattern and then try to play connect-the-dots with a carving knife! I just light up one of my cheap-o Big Lots Tiki candle holders and let it go at that!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 3:20 pm   Permalink

My friend Judy came over with a nice Aloha pumpkin.

The front with a Hawaiian beach scene. Palm trees, clouds, a Tiki torch and a turtle.

Left side with a Volcano.

Right side with a double stacked Tiki.

She copied this off a Tiki product label, can you guess which one? (Hint, those are Tiki dogs).

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-10-04 11:22 am   Permalink

Lots of broken links to pictures of amazing Tiki'o'lanterns...but still a few good ones here...so resurrecting for Halloween.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-04 4:21 pm   Permalink

We did a Flaming Tiki (no not that kind) a couple of years ago in Jasper, AB over the thanksgiving week-end. Came in first place ... Wish I could carve detail as well as Tiki Tony or Al, would have been much better (fortunately you couldn't tell how badly carved it was at night when it was roaring with fire). Sorry about the picture, my wife took it. Basically, soak a roll of toilet paper in Kerosene and drop it inside a can, then into the pumpkin, light it up and voila. Really awesome.

[ This Message was edited by: Hanalei Tiki 2011-10-04 16:29 ]

View Profile of Hanalei Tiki Send a personal message to Hanalei Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation