FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Jack-o-lanterns
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Jack-o-lanterns
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 7:48 pm   Permalink

Thankx Van..I could really use the tutorial cause I will attempt to do some carving myself.

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-22 2:51 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOHOOOO! Can You Carve a Tiki Pumpkin??

http://www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-26 09:30 am   Permalink

Mojo came through again this year. This Billion Dollar Baby was on my front doorstep yesterday.

Thanks Mojo. Excellant job.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-28 12:05 am   Permalink

Oh wow! An Alice Cooper Pumpkin! That's beautiful! The BEST! (When I was a kid we were actually afraid to listen to Alice Cooper albums because we thought he was a real witch!)

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 12:30 pm   Permalink

here are some results of the pumpkin carving contest at the Puka bar here in Long Bch CA....

I was a judge and my two pumpkins where not judged

the nice palms and Moai were the owner's hand at carving, and the second from the left was the winner.

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 5:05 pm   Permalink

..Wow those carvings are nice Al. Congrats

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nitropic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 1:19 pm   Permalink

Al- You put the CARVE in "CARVE a pumpkin"!!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN

View Profile of nitropic Send a personal message to nitropic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-31 5:06 pm   Permalink

Oh MAN - carving is tough! tooled around with a few pumpkins this afternoon:

I just can't wrap my brain around this whole subtractive sculpture concept! I am too spoiled by the clay - I kept wanting to make a paste out of my pumpkin shavings and add on a bit of detail here, a bit more on the nose there...

raining cats and dogs over here - I'll be lucky if we get 1 trick or treater. Lame! I spent all day setting up!

VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-03 08:33 am   Permalink

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-05 5:32 pm   Permalink

Van.. those are great.

IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-05 5:35 pm   Permalink

Tahi...that one is special..I would hate puttin' so much work into one and then throwing it away.

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-08 08:26 am   Permalink

IsleConch
It only took about 2 hours and a 1/2, so it wasn't that bad,
it's also good training for the reel thing.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-28 2:00 pm   Permalink

Thought I'd **bump** this bad boy back into action... wish the badmojo picts still existed, they were awesome...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-28 8:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks for bumping it...I wish those pics were still available too...I think I saw some last year...he is really a wizard with a pumpkin. I can barely carve a turkey.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-30 6:40 pm   Permalink

O.K. ... So it looks more like a dentally challenged Indian. That's what I get for using one of those patterns.
At least the kitty's came out looking like....kitties.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation